WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an officially licensed Watchmen Comedian button? I've been wanting to pick one up, but if I can't find one, I'll try to find a generic smiley face button and dab some red on it.

Is there an officially licensed Watchmen Comedian button? I've been wanting to pick one up, but if I can't find one, I'll try to find a generic smiley face button and dab some red on it.

Nope. Smiley World Ltd owns that image. They gave DC and WB the rights to use it in the books and film, but they do not have any licensing/merchandising rights.

Nope. Smiley World Ltd owns that image. They gave DC and WB the rights to use it in the books and film, but they do not have any licensing/merchandising rights.

Interesting note....I was at Hot Topic today and they had a bunch of stuff Watchmen related but nothing with the Smiley Face on it.... One shirt had a large Doomsday clock only in yellow with the blood spatter on it. Will there not be any official licensed Smiley Faced items?

I have one from 1986. :)
I do, too. I wish they would license it again. I'd like one of the updated ones as well! Of course, you can always make your own (which I did for my Comedian costume).

Interesting note....I was at Hot Topic today and they had a bunch of stuff Watchmen related but nothing with the Smiley Face on it.... One shirt had a large Doomsday clock only in yellow with the blood spatter on it. Will there not be any official licensed Smiley Faced items?
Nope. They didn't license the rights this time. :( At least, not to this point. So far, the only thing with the smiley face on it are promotional items (the SDCC shirt, posters, etc). No merchandise. Well, except for on the Comedian figures of course.

I got that one as well as the Doomsday Clock one.

Also, there are 6 other posters Gibbons designed that will be exclusive to comic shops (or Diamond/Previews dealers) next month.

I take it the six exclusive posters will be based on the individual characters?

:lol Who knew Rorschach was a NASCAR fan?

And a hearty :lol and pronouncing Adrian Veidt as "Vet" instead of "Vite". :lol

Coolness in the face!! :rock

Silhouette murder crime scene:
011909-nf-sil.jpg

Creation of the Doomsday Clock:
011909-nf-ddc.jpg

Mothman being admitted:
011909-nf-moth.jpg

Back