WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwwww:

wmpr08ma07vq3.jpg

I haven't seen one single shot of the Comedian in his dominatrix mask, the one that covers pretty much his entire face. Did they not do that one?

No they did not. Why? Because you cant see the character's face. It works for Rorschach....but not for anyone else.

Not to bring this tired topic up again (or go against my "too early to analyze" preface) but I saw this posted on WCM and, imho, it's a pretty damn solid argument for the new ending:

So so so tired of people upset over the Squid. I worship Alan Moore and have re-read his Miracleman, Swamp Thing, V For Vendetta, Captain Britain stuff over and over. In all honesty, as much as some people CARE so much for the Squid, it's not one of his best moments. It's a good ending, but the destruction of NYC was the important part of it. The 50's monster aspect made alot more sense 30 years removed in 1986, rather than 50 years removed today.

Now the Reagen aliens attacking bringing humanity together thing is important. But if Ozymadius truly is the most intelligent man alive, wouldn't he try to eliminate Manhattan with more than just a cancer scare and a scientific experiment? If that is the ending, then Manhattan being blamed for everything eliminates him for good from humanity, then the world goes back to "normal".

I need that to visit my bedroom in the flesh. :naughty

Man, Malin is so much sexier as a brunette.

yup... brunettes are always better than blondes, imo.

but she looks pretty damn irresistable in some interview clip from comic con i think? there she was a blonde again.

I'm telling you, the squid just wouldnt work for the movie. People are stupid as hell.

I've never been a big fan of the squid, or of slavish adaptations, but the squid could most certainly work in a movie adaptation, though ideally in a miniseries format, given enough time for setup. Also, try and keep your comments positive and respectful, m'kay?

That dude in the back is totally checking out her ass.....lucky.

She's wrapped up in a puffy jacket so he's prolly not seeing much. I bet whenever the cameras weren't rolling she had a jacket or robe waiting, to ward off the cold as well as the crew eyeballs.

Not to bring this tired topic up again (or go against my "too early to analyze" preface) but I saw this posted on WCM and, imho, it's a pretty damn solid argument for the new ending:

good points. It will be interesting to see how they unite the US/Soviet tension and Ozzy's Dr. M plan. Hopefully it all ties together nicely.

So so so tired of people upset over the Squid. I worship Alan Moore and have re-read his Miracleman, Swamp Thing, V For Vendetta, Captain Britain stuff over and over. In all honesty, as much as some people CARE so much for the Squid, it's not one of his best moments. It's a good ending, but the destruction of NYC was the important part of it. The 50's monster aspect made alot more sense 30 years removed in 1986, rather than 50 years removed today.

Now the Reagen aliens attacking bringing humanity together thing is important. But if Ozymadius truly is the most intelligent man alive, wouldn't he try to eliminate Manhattan with more than just a cancer scare and a scientific experiment? If that is the ending, then Manhattan being blamed for everything eliminates him for good from humanity, then the world goes back to "normal".

While I agree, I don't think the squid is neccessary, how does blaming it on Manhattan rid him from humanity for good? The man is a god, he can do whatever the hell he wants. And what would be his motivation to vaporize Rorscach?

Only guessing, but I would assume that Ozy reveals he blew up cities throughout the world pinning it on Dr. M in some way - whether the doc did it on purpose or just a manifestation of what he has become like the cancer. Dr. M agrees with the scapegoat plan and convinces NO & SS that he should take the blame & leave the Earth, Rorschach still refuses to cover up the truth and Dr. M zaps him.

I'm curious what the world will think of Dr. M. Obviously they'll hate him a lot more than the cancer scare, but I wonder if people will believe Dr. M dead or if he will announce his departure from the Earth or if that's what Ozy and co. will tell them.

Back