WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Comedian has also been busy:

3246779475_ab94f767ca_o.jpg

God bless Edward Morgan Blake.

The official IMAX poster uses the score cover art. I like it better than the final standard Theatrical Poster:

watchmanimaxposter-1.jpg

It does, and I particularly like the Comedian's leer and the omnipresent gaze of Manhattan.

I don't like much of the poster work for this film, so far. However, the other artwork for the film has been ace.

Is this going to be in IMAX? I remember seeing the trailer on the jumbo-screen, but I can't remember if it said it would be released in IMAX...

Yep. There will be a whole WATCHMEN: The IMAX Experience release at the same time.

None of it was actually filmed with IMAX cameras, however.

I'll still see it in IMAX at least one. I hope they don't have to shorten the length, though.

Are films usually shortened for IMAX? That stinks :(

Well, the size of the IMAX film limits the size they can hold on the reels (or the big flat platters they use in projection booths these days). I think the run-time limit is somewhere around 2 - 1/2 hours. That may have changed in the last couple of years, though. Was TDK: IMAX shortened at all? That should have been right on the cusp. WATCHMEN should be right around 2 hrs, 40 mins.

I know that in 2002 the IMAX release of ATTACK OF THE CLONES had about 10 minutes or so edited out... and that movie was well less than 2 1/2 hrs originally.

Cool. So hopefully the limit on IMAX length has been extended to about 3 hours. It used to be around 2 hrs, 15 minutes or so.

Rorschach says: If too long for current IMAX technology, no need to cut film. Can make special Watchmen projectors with smiley face reels.

I own one. I believe IJ has one, along with another member here. Great, interesting read. The sketch by Gibbons is icing on the cake.

I own one. I believe IJ has one, along with another member here. Great, interesting read. The sketch by Gibbons is icing on the cake.

Yep. :rock Also, don't forget about the additional prints (6, I think) that it comes with as well. I have two of them framed:

l_322f89d6e71b441a94fe076158a922b5.jpg

The book itself is in this pic somewhere :lol
l_b87345c397124577bc42c8997bb82a43.jpg

Back