WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horrible, horrible movie!!! Do not see it. As a purist is is bad. As a non purist it is horrible. I saw it 2 nite in NY and it makes no sense. for those of U who have seen it, ask yourself this, if DR.Manhattan is so powerful, as he proved to be in VIETNAM, he can change and dismantle things at a thought, why doesn't he just go to the USSR and dismantle their weapons? U can't stop him.

That was a very productive and informative post. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Makes me think of Brundlefly in Croenberg's The Fly. Is he still human... well yes and no, depending on your pov and definitions.

That I think can resolve it easily enough. If we're using different definitions to constitute it the answer could go either way.

It's nice to have a place to talk about these things, though. My girlfriend would probably just roll her eyes and tell me I need to get out more. :duh

Interesting to note is that I met another fellow who wants to go painted blue and wearing a speedo in these lovely Pennsylvania temperatures we're having. Reminds me of that Seinfeld shrinkage episode.
100005.jpg

Interesting to note is that I met another fellow who wants to go painted blue and wearing a speedo in these lovely Pennsylvania temperatures we're having. Reminds me of that Seinfeld shrinkage episode.
100005.jpg

And that wouldn't surprise me in the least. Me? I'll be in jeans, shirt, hoodie and jacket. All decked out in normal clothes. Now if only I could find a smiley button I'd be fine.

Jimmy Fallon mentioned this morning, while on Stern's show, that he saw an advanced screening and though he wasn't familiar with the comic he really did like it. Crudup (sp?) is on Fallon's show tonight.

It very well may be. Even with the single actor doing the voice acting, it's stellar in the roles stellar, and well worth the moneys, considering you can get a mail-in rebate and up to $7.50 credit towards a WATCHMEN movie ticket.

It's totally worth it, like Scar says. You get 5.5 hours of material, plus the movie ticket, digital copy, and other stuff that I can't recall :lol

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the motion comic takes up the whole screen. No black bars! Yes!

From what I read on other sites, it will most likely be included in an ultimate edition released later. It will be spliced into the film as it was in the book. This release will basically allow you to view it as a whole.

Somewhere a guy who really goes through with this will get a kick in the nuts and forever wonder what "Take that, barbelith!" means. The assailant will probably be wearing a TDK t-shirt.

Someone has to suffer for my sins! :rotfl

From what I read on other sites, it will most likely be included in an ultimate edition released later. It will be spliced into the film as it was in the book. This release will basically allow you to view it as a whole.

1 more question. Is this the live action stuff they filmed?

I just got done with the Motion Comic.... very cool idea, though I hope with other releases they include a female voice actor at the very least for the women. That was the only distraction.

They did omit a few bits, some lines I liked from the comic... But I can forgive it. Overall it was very well done, but takes a few days to really watch the whole thing. It's very long. Shows how impossible one film with ALL of the comic put in would be. :lol

I hope they eventually do V for Vendetta, or The Dark Knight Returns... that would be awesome. :rock

I just got done with the Motion Comic.... very cool idea, though I hope with other releases they include a female voice actor at the very least for the women. That was the only distraction.

It drives me crazy they didn't do that and drop the balloons, because it's the only thing stopping this from being a full-blooded Watchmen cartoon. So close!!!

Back