WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be absolutely brilliant if they'd hired a full voice cast.

While an ensemble would have been cool, I argue the point that it is stronger and more personal to have a single performer. Such are the differences between radio dramas and audio books. I love both and they both have different vibes. But to each his own. :duff

EDIT: Just wanted to thank Scar and barbelith for such an interesting debate. :duff thanks for typing so much guys! :lol
You both bring up really good points. So far as Jon's humanity... I tend to agree with barbelith on this one. His mask of humanity is slipping, to paraphrase Bret Easton Ellis, the last vestiges of which probably slip away some time after he leaves Earth for good(?), but I think he still retains his Jon Ostermanness throughout the story. Makes me think of Brundlefly in Croenberg's The Fly. Is he still human... well yes and no, depending on your pov and definitions.

PS. meant to say I dig your screen name, barb. When will we see an Invisibles movie, eh? Or a 'The Filth' movie even? Pats on the back for making a Watchmen movie... pfft... Greenlight some Morrison craziness Hollywood!

Last edited:
Cumonass is that fat screaming loser who keeps ^^^^^ing about Watchmen.

I did not know that. Here I've been watching the ^^^^^^^'s youtube videos at random without even realizing that was his name... and I will say it diminishes his credibility.

haha Yeaa I was up Cinemark for TDK midnight show. That was umm.. interesting. There was a wicked Mr Freeze though. You know.. thinking about the area, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a Dr Manhattan or something insane like that.

:lol Yep, that was one of the guys behind my row. The Scarecrow was actually truly awesome. Great mask and he somehow even rigged to have talcum powder fly out from his right sleeve when he raised his arm. Gotta say I was impressed.

I did not know that. Here I've been watching the ^^^^^^^'s youtube videos at random without even realizing that was his name... and I will say it diminishes his credibility.

I only know cuz he replyed to me on Youtube, and then blocked me. :lol

I wrote a long post about why Scar is sadly mistaken about various things in his last post, but then I figured enough was enough and we should save some space for the actual movie.

:chew

We would have kept going for a long time, my friend. I gather we're the types of guys who, well after the party has ended and everyone has gone home, we're still out on the porch discussing human nature with a cooler and Domino's pizza at 4 in the morning. :lol

haha that bit about the Scarecrow costume is pretty cool. I was hoping to get a few smiley buttons but no dice. I know IJ was going to offer them but it seems he's stopped visiting here.

We would have kept going for a long time, my friend. I gather we're the types of guys who, well after the party has ended and everyone has gone home, we're still out on the porch discussing human nature with a cooler and Domino's pizza at 4 in the morning.

Yep. :cool:

haha that bit about the Scarecrow costume is pretty cool. I was hoping to get a few smiley buttons but no dice. I know IJ was going to offer them but it seems he's stopped visiting here.

I noticed that too... and it has me a little worried. I was hoping to snag blood-stained and non-blood-stained buttons from him. Then poof, gone! Wherever he is, i hope he's happy and surrounded by Watchmen swag. :banana

We would have kept going for a long time, my friend. I gather we're the types of guys who, well after the party has ended and everyone has gone home, we're still out on the porch discussing human nature with a cooler and Domino's pizza at 4 in the morning. :lol

good stuff, and save a spot for me, but ya gotta do better than Domino's. :yuck

good stuff, and save a spot for me, but ya gotta do better than Domino's. :yuck

Will do. We go with the favorite local pizza joints around, but when some of my old school friends come in, they insist on Domino's for some reason or another. Last time they were in they ordered online and accidentally got the pies without cheese...? All worked out in the end, between the bizarre cheeseless pizza, four cases of guinness, 3 cases of coors, a bottle of jack for me, and 2 bushels of steamed hardshell crabs it, we made one hell of a Thanksgiving night. :lol Wish we could make that a yearly tradition, or that we had the money for that sort of thing back in college... you'd be surprised that these guys were such good students at one time.

I got the Motion Comic on Blu-Ray, today.

Pretty much the best Blu-Ray ever, and it has the digital copy with it.

Completely off topic, but scuba, LOVE the tag under name. I used to say that line to my ex.. who proceeded to hit me every time. haha Great f'in flick.

I got my ticket for the midnight showing! :chew

I also got the regular DVD version of the "motion comic" of Watchmen. I'm going to watch it before seeing the movie. :D

I'm contemplating picking up the motion comic, as I'm afraid it is entirely possible that it'll be better than the movie.

I'm contemplating picking up the motion comic, as I'm afraid it is entirely possible that it'll be better than the movie.

It very well may be. Even with the single actor doing the voice acting, it's stellar in the roles stellar, and well worth the moneys, considering you can get a mail-in rebate and up to $7.50 credit towards a WATCHMEN movie ticket.

Back