What is your "least" favorite collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Shawshank Redemption Andy. One of my favorite movies so I felt obligated to get him but all the freaks saying the sculpt looks like John C. Reilly got into my head and it's hard not to see Reilly dressed up like the guy from Shawshank.

Hopefully someone will make a new sculpt of Tim Robbins.

0009342.jpg

:lol:lol I remember people going crazy over these dumb figures when they were previewed. :lol

i have a few Gentle Giant LOTR minibusts. i thought they were cool when i got them. now i think they suck. and you can't even give them away on ebay so i just keep them in storage.

Medi Stormtrooper and SS Stormtrooper. Former is too small and latter can barely hold a pose without collapsing in a heap.

Sold the medi but still have some love for the SS in the one pose he's capable of holding.

Still, if this is my least favourite figure, I'm doing alright :)

I'm thinking of the Kotobukiya 1:6 Stormtrooper - it is very accurate, more accurate than both Sideshow and Medicom when talking about armor and especially helmet, but the pose is crap. At least I got it boxed but nick & dent for excellent price. Comparing this with the excellent pose of the Snowtrooper for example, and you see how stupid this looks:

lukestorm.jpg

sideshow wai lin. been trying to sell her for the last two years without any luck. :(

wailin.jpg

I typically buy figures I enjoy with few exceptions, HT Mark I being one. I purchased well after its release to complete my IM lineup which I since sold (except Mark IV and Mark I). I keep Mark I simply because assumed value.

It used to be HT Deunan Knute. I had no real attachment to the franchise or character and bought it on impulse because I thought she looked cool. It was early on in my collecting so I was probably just caught up in buying buying buying. I sold her off about a year later and haven't looked back at all.

And the latest one I don't particularly dislike, but it's just the one that doesn't fit in my collection like the rest. It's the Sideshow Lara Croft 1:6. It's a very cool figure and I don't regret buying her. But like I said, she doesn't really fit. I never really played the video game so I don't have an attachment to the character other than it's cool looking and thought she'd be a good companion to Indy or Goldeneye Bond.

So I WAS going to sell the Lara figure, but my buddy mentioned that he would be interested in buying it from me. He offered me fair market value which is about $150. But I can't take his money. I reluctantly told him to pay me what I paid--$88 which included shipping. But like I said, I can't take his money. So I'll wait til his birthday this year and just send it to him. Too bad though cos I could get like $150 for her!

Among the stuff I bought, the sideshow JP diorama. The sculpt was pretty good, but the paint apps were atrocious and after I got into the dinosauria line (there are some paint app issues among the production pieces, but the sculps are....well, beyond beautiful), I ended up selling the JP diorama.

All my least favorite stuff has been ebayed over the last month. A major purging / refocusing of the collection has been long overdue. Got rid of some PT Star Wars figs to concentrate on OT and sold off a lot of little knick knack stuff to keep the better quality stuff.

Sideshow Bib Fortuna.

Not that he, she, it or whatever is a bad figure, it is a nice well executed figure, he is just lame. Only reason I got him is he is a must for Jabba.

I'm thinking of the Kotobukiya 1:6 Stormtrooper - it is very accurate, more accurate than both Sideshow and Medicom when talking about armor and especially helmet, but the pose is crap. At least I got it boxed but nick & dent for excellent price. Comparing this with the excellent pose of the Snowtrooper for example, and you see how stupid this looks:

lukestorm.jpg

Same Idea. I originally liked the Vader but with time I just grew to hate the non movie acurate pose. Add to that the fact that with time his foot started to bend and he did not stand right made this one one of my least favs. Sold it on ebay some time ago and I don't miss it one bit.

13141.jpg

Same Idea. I originally liked the Vader but with time I just grew to hate the non movie acurate pose. Add to that the fact that with time his foot started to bend and he did not stand right made this one one of my least favs. Sold it on ebay some time ago and I don't miss it one bit.

13141.jpg

Indeed, that Kotobukiya Vader is my least favorite of all Vader representations I have in my collection, but the Koto ROTS and ESB (BH) Vader are great. That Vader is called "Limbo Vader" LOL, and I keep it only because my dad fixed his arm in a great way, plus the price for it would be less than worth the hassle in packing him and selling.

Though I've even seen a cool koto Stormtrooper custom:

28qvr0i.jpg

Back