Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

I see nothing but disaster for this movie. DC hasn't had much success with Superman movies, and they think WW will be good?

According to multiple sources close to the project, the director’s vision for the movie was vastly different from the studio ‘s view. The director envisioned the DC Comics-based “Wonder Woman” superhero movie as a epic origin tale in the vein of “Braveheart,” whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action.

Warner executives, these people said, became increasingly concerned about MacLaren directing a large scale action-packed production when her experience was limited to the small screen, where she’s made her name directing episodes of “Game of Thrones,” “Breaking Bad” and “The Walking Dead.”

The studio is expected to stick with a more character-driven movie would Jenkins become attached. Also an experienced TV director, she cut her teeth on the small-scale indie feature “Monster.”

MacLaren was also unaccustomed to the laborious development process associated with making movies. One person described that process as “tortuous” when it came to the pre-production of “Wonder Woman.” After Jason Fuchs delivered his script, the studio put as many as five other writers on the project to work up various scripts while studio executives simultaneously tested story concepts. “They didn’t like MacLaran’s test,” said one studio executive. (MacLaren’s rep declined comment).

One of the reasons that Warners acted so quickly in picking a replacement for MacLaren was to make sure the studio stayed on track for the film’s planned fall start date and 2017 release.

The studio will now look to get Jenkins up to speed quickly and is already preparing to find the male lead and love interest for “Wonder Woman” star Gal Gadot. Test offers for a handful of actors are expected in the next week.

"the studio put as many as five other writers on the project to work up various scripts while studio executives simultaneously tested story concepts. "

That can't be good. WB needs one person to oversee the DCCU, like Kevin Feige with Marvel. They have too many cooks in the kitchen, imo. :dunno Apparently, WB wanted to make a "small" film, so I can see why they chose a TV director. It makes sense.

Why is that bad? There's always various scripts for a movie, that just tells me they're fast tracking it and prioritizing it, and that's a good thing.

I am excited for Wonder Woman. I am going to wait until we start getting details on the film before I start feeling pessimistic.

If they make this like a fantasy 300 or even Gladiator type movie with an origin story about a super power heroin, it should do fine.

If they make this like a fantasy 300 or even Gladiator type movie with an origin story about a super power heroin, it should do fine.

THAT is the only real option..yes great idea!

As long as we got a solid villain, I'm down. I don't want this Man of Steel **** where loneliness was Clark's weakness. I definitely don't want the standard Americans/*******s vs. Amazonians and have that conflict be the issue against WW.

As long as we got a solid villain, I'm down. I don't want this Man of Steel **** where loneliness was Clark's weakness. I definitely don't want the standard Americans/*******s vs. Amazonians and have that conflict be the issue against WW.
Loneliness could very well be a factor if the Amazons are turned into stone by either Hera or Medusa.

As far as villains go, I'd like it to be Ares, so WW defeats him and becomes the god of War herself, that would be a good start.

Loneliness could very well be a factor if the Amazons are turned into stone by either Hera or Medusa.

As far as villains go, I'd like it to be Ares, so WW defeats him and becomes the god of War herself, that would be a good start.

Yeah my thing was that Zod telling Clark no one liked him was more damaging than his earthquake punches. That's my problem with it. I have no doubt isolation has a factor but what I meant is if they do something like some sort of inequality drama to hike against WW.

According to the rumor posted earlier in the thread, the previous director was thrown out for wanting to do that kind of movie!

"The director envisioned the DC Comics-based “Wonder Woman” superhero movie as a epic origin tale in the vein of “Braveheart,” whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action."

I don't care what kind of story they put her in, Godot is still a terrible choice, both from a physical stand point and as an actress, imo. After seeing how big Batffleck and Sups look in the trailer, Godot is going to look Olive Oil next too them, unless she wears some kind of armor suit.

She also wanted a retarded tiger side-kick, no thanks.

What's wrong with a retarded tiger side kick?

6qfwVqk.gif

He Man had one...wait...never mind.

Seeing how in BvS people treat Supes like a god, how the hell are people gonna react when Shazam (an actual god) shows up.

Back