Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

I don't care what kind of story they put her in, Godot is still a terrible choice, both from a physical stand point and as an actress, imo. After seeing how big Batffleck and Sups look in the trailer, Godot is going to look Olive Oil next too them, unless she wears some kind of armor suit.

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest supporter of Gadot and I haven't seen anything to make believe that she's a good choice, but I'm going in open minded. I'll give this to Snyder though: Wonder Woman feels like an Amazon costume wise, because she thankfully doesn't have the f@cking American flag plastered all over her panties. I mean, in what universe did that make any sense?!

I am very curious has to how they are going to handle the origin since she can not be a child of the gods I am guess a kryptonian descendent at least as a way to explain her super powers same goes aquaman they more then likely will have some for of alien origin

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest supporter of Gadot and I haven't seen anything to make believe that she's a good choice, but I'm going in open minded. I'll give this to Snyder though: Wonder Woman feels like an Amazon costume wise, because she thankfully doesn't have the f@cking American flag plastered all over her panties. I mean, in what universe did that make any sense?!
Well, the Amazons made that American flag outfit for WW as a sign of good will, so that when she returned Steve to the US they could see she came in peace as an emissary.

Personally I love the idea, it doesn't have to be a bikini, but I love the idea.

I am very curious has to how they are going to handle the origin since she can not be a child of the gods I am guess a kryptonian descendent at least as a way to explain her super powers same goes aquaman they more then likely will have some for of alien origin
If memory serves well, the kryptonian origin rumor has been discarded.

Why can't she be a child of the gods?

Well, the Amazons made that American flag outfit for WW so that when she returned Steve to the US they could see she came in peace as an seminary.

Not in their grounded in "realty world" she can not be unless by God's you mean aliens which will work even more so as you can see in thor

Not in their grounded in "realty world" she can not be unless by God's you mean aliens which will work even more so as you can see in thor

It's grounded in terms of context/setting and consequences, it's serious, sure, but it's not realistic, far from it, aliens is as big of a stretch as gods are, and I don't see how they can do Shazam without magic, if they can do Magic, they can do Gods, literal Greek gods, in fact, making her an alien makes much less sense and it completely strips WW of 90% of her character.

It's grounded in terms of context/setting and consequences, it's serious, sure, but it's not realistic, far from it, aliens is as big of a stretch as gods are, and I don't see how they can do Shazam without magic, if they can do Magic, they can do Gods, literal Greek gods, in fact, making her an alien makes much less sense and it completely strips WW of 90% of her character.
That's why she is the most difficult of the all to adapt because of this and I don't think Shazam will be set in this world to much similarity with superman I doubt that movie will exist in the same context

That's why she is the most difficult of the all to adapt because of this and I don't think Shazam will be set in this world to much similarity with superman I doubt that movie will exist in the same context

WB would be crazy not to put the biggest action star in the world, The Rock, in the same film with Superman and the JL at some point , somehow.

Actually, Shazam will be part of the DCCU, it's already been confirmed.

IMO she's not difficult to adapt at all.

You said it some how this how is the difficulty.

The multiverse or something huge happens in the JL films that opens an alternate reality or something? Or maybe they can have Shazam in the same world as Sups. They already have Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Maybe Shazam's power can be some sort of ancient magic or magic from another world or planet. Is that more crazy than any of the other characters?

Well, the Amazons made that American flag outfit for WW as a sign of good will, so that when she returned Steve to the US they could see she came in peace as an emissary.

Personally I love the idea, it doesn't have to be a bikini, but I love the idea.

Thing is, almost every dang superhero is American. I'm fine with that, comics are to the US what the Greek mythology was to Greece, but at least let the Amazon dress like an Amazon. Play a bit with different regions of the world. I'm sure everyone's tired of seeing NY get destroyed for the 100000th time. Why not set your movies to some different locales as well? Our world is a beautiful place, why limit yourself to only one city?

As for the origin, Diana HAS to be related to the Greek gods. Go the Nu52 and have her be Zeu's daughter, but for the love of all things Holy DO NOT make her a Kryptonian.

Thing is, almost every dang superhero is American. I'm fine with that, comics are to the US what the Greek mythology was to Greece, but at least let the Amazon dress like an Amazon. Play a bit with different regions of the world. I'm sure everyone's tired of seeing NY get destroyed for the 100000th time. Why not set your movies to some different locales as well? Our world is a beautiful place, why limit yourself to only one city?

As for the origin, Diana HAS to be related to the Greek gods. Go the Nu52 and have her be Zeu's daughter, but for the love of all things Holy DO NOT make her a Kryptonian.

Yeah, I feel safe that we're getting proper Mythological origin, and would love her to be the daughter of Zeus and be trained by War.

And the Justice League pretty much deals with international stuff all the time.

That works. Rocky also wore the US flag.

RKr2U93.jpg

He wore it as a tribute to the Greek God, Apollo.

uB82nK6.jpg

Actually, Shazam will be part of the DCCU, it's already been confirmed.

IMO she's not difficult to adapt at all.
Until I see it I take it as wishes and hopes.
How would you you adapt it knowing that she is the only one of the 7 justice League members who has a none science origin more of a mythology

Daughter of Zues not in this reality based world. It's way to much of a stretch they favor science over mysticism

Yeah, I feel safe that we're getting proper Mythological origin, and would love her to be the daughter of Zeus and be trained by War.

And the Justice League pretty much deals with international stuff all the time.

I never was a big JL leader, though I'm thinking of jumping aboard with the relaunch.

Daughter of Zues not in this reality based world. It's way to much of a stretch they favor science over mysticism

Alien Jesus? Check.
Billionare Psycho in a batsuit who can tangle with Alien Jesus? Check.
Atlantean King who looks like a Dwarf and Conan had a lovechild? Check.
Daughter of Zeus? HERESY!

I'm sure DC is going to treat Wonder Woman like the bad-ass she is. If they make her a Kryptonian, well, then DC you can....

images (3).jpg

Until I see it I take it as wishes and hopes.
How would you you adapt it knowing that she is the only one of the 7 justice League members who has a none science origin more of a mythology
Aquaman doesn't have a science origin, neither does Shazam, nor Wonder Woman, that's 3 out of 7.

I'd adapt it as it is, she's the daughter of Zeus, people will go "oh so the greek gods are real?", "Ayup", that's it, nothing else is needed. :lol

And alien humanoids that happen to look exactly like us, in this reality based world? That's not science at all, it's as much mysticism as WW.

I never was a big JL leader, though I'm thinking of jumping aboard with the relaunch.
You should, new 52 JL stuff is pretty good imo.

But it gets hard to read due to crossoveritis.

Back