Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Sideshow deserves. . .a RAZOR'S EDGE!

razorramon2.gif

storms in Midwest have delayed Fedex today :(...looks like i have one more day of nail biting before she arrives

So mine looks great, but the Peg leg just wont go all the way in... I feel like if I'll push harder i'll break the base ...
should i try making the hole bigger or what ?

So mine looks great, but the Peg leg just wont go all the way in... I feel like if I'll push harder i'll break the base ...

I would try applying some sort of lubricant to the peg to see if it will go all the way in...

"thats what she said..." :lol

Whatever you do don't force the peg into the base without heating it up! You might break the base or worse, damage the heel/peg of the statue. I cleaned the hole of debris. You can lubricate the pin and and use a hairdryer to warm up and soften up the footprint/hole. Then place the heel peg in the hole and carefully massage it down while still heating up the area.

If that doesn't work, I used a drill with roughly the same width as the peg and drilled down to the length of the peg. I think the hole was tapered toward the bottom. The left leg should comfortably rest against the column with the way that it is angled. Just be VERY careful.

Another option is to sand down the heel peg, but I wasn't really comfortable with doing that to the statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine last night. I examined her more closely than most items I get just because of this thread. But I couldn't find a problem except that she does look a bit too much like Cobie Smulders. The hanging arm I did have to use a little force to close the gap between the arm and the wrist band.

Got a counteroffer... New Base and $30 credit. Took it. Hopefully will have a new base soon.

The other issues can be fixed. Loose paint splatter on her arm.... Can a magic eraser fix that?

I just received my WW and I have to say it's the worst paint job I've seen from Sideshow. It's just soooo bad. Besides the face, the Rogue PF has a better paint job. I didn't even finish putting it together before I decided it's going back. The quality of this product is very disappointing.

I just received my WW and I have to say it's the worst paint job I've seen from Sideshow. It's just soooo bad. Besides the face, the Rogue PF has a better paint job. I didn't even finish putting it together before I decided it's going back. The quality of this product is very disappointing.

aw man, sorry to hear that. i really hope mine is solid because I really want this in my collection. I guess if it is subpar, I will try to get replacements and hold onto her til a better 1/4 WW comes along...

aw man, sorry to hear that. i really hope mine is solid because I really want this in my collection. I guess if it is subpar, I will try to get replacements and hold onto her til a better 1/4 WW comes along...
Even if the apps were perfect it would still look bad. The paints they used just make the statue look cheap. If you get her in the right lighting it might look okay.

Last edited:
Even if the apps were perfect it would still look bad. The paints they used just make the statue look cheap. If you get her in the right lighting it might look okay.

The paint was noticeably different between my original and replacement body. I thought the 1st looked ok until i got the replacement.

the inconsistency with this thing is infuriating!

my guess is that given the huge edition size they had at least 2 different factories working on it.

My EX is finally here, but unfortunately there are issues. There's some gunk on her chest plate, a paint chip on the body, and there's a break on the base next to the peg hole where her boot goes. The weirdest QC issue is that 6 of the stars on her shield aren't painted lol. Thankfully the delicate stuff like her hair and the cloth on the spear arrived intact. Will be sending SS photos tomorrow.

the inconsistency with this thing is infuriating!

my guess is that given the huge edition size they had at least 2 different factories working on it.

I've seen three different one's in person and they all looked bad. She is not in the same league as Superman and Batman. She's part of the Busted League not the Justice league. It's quite a shame Sideshow dropped the ball on this one.

I've seen three different one's in person and they all looked bad. She is not in the same league as Superman and Batman. She's part of the Busted League not the Justice league. It's quite a shame Sideshow dropped the ball on this one.

M.C.D. I think in your case it's just a matter of taste and she doesn't live up to yours. I myself love the paint apps on mine.

Back