XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on getting one! Those eyebrows though!
View attachment 210381

Sorry. Couldn't help it! :lol

:lol apparently the high brows is a sign of power ;) I have to say, eyebrows aside, the custom unmasked portrait (for me) is a total step up from the original XM portraits...

a32908dc0c2e3a7166ad3e412ea5d847.jpg

Erick Sosa did an incredible job and i'm just waiting to hear some updates regarding his masked version :)

574f710a8639439f4162c554ba9bd1ac.jpg

Hey hey, that's how my eyebrow looks like Andy... :rotfl

:lol I'm sure they look awesome Pau...as you know, the ladies love some well groomed eyebrows! :naughty

The customs for this are very, very well done for this piece but this is flawless out of the XM box imo.

:rock
It is flawless out of the box. I love the unmasked sculpt it comes with. I've got the Sosa coming and my name on the new masked head Andy posted. I will rotate how i display it. I want the power eyebrows because it looks like the comic and the 90's cartoon. Like i say though i love the XM sculpt and they did a fantastic job with that sculpt imo.

I'm looking forward to getting the Sosa one in because i'm looking forward to seeing if the skin is as realistic as the XM face. The XM skin is like a HT sculpt, which really impressed me. I think Black Bolt is like this as well? Thoughts on the skin Andy?

I'm looking forward to getting the Sosa one in because i'm looking forward to seeing if the skin is as realistic as the XM face. The XM skin is like a HT sculpt, which really impressed me. I think Black Bolt is like this as well? Thoughts on the skin Andy?

I think the texture or material of the original XM unmasked portrait is made from a completely different material to that of the custom Sosa head. Not sure what XM used to carry off the Hot Toys translucent skin effect to make it look pretty realistic but the texture and appearance of the custom portrait is totally different from the XM one imo, with that said it's still sculpted and painted to an extremely high level and it's prob the only head I'd use on display until the Sosa masked and MadX custom portraits arrive :)

You'll def like the Sosa head for sure though mate...as with most custom add ons, it just gives the statue an added bonus in terms of displayability :)

I see, cheers for the reply. :)

Just goes to show how we all see things different. I think the XM & Sosa are much better than the MadX custom portraits. I would never put Odin or Ponytail boy on my statue. :lol Nice sculpts but just not my taste at all. Like the XM with you.

I see, cheers for the reply. :)

Just goes to show how we all see things different. I think the XM & Sosa are much better than the MadX custom portraits. I would never put Odin or Ponytail boy on my statue. :lol Nice sculpts but just not my taste at all. Like the XM with you.

:lol @ ponytail boy

Got a cool mod coming soon that i did for the XM Magneto. A pretty simple mod to be fair but looks pretty neat and i'll get some pics up shortly :) Now that STGCC is over, XM have pretty much made sure that i eat bread and water until 2017 with all the new concepts and announcements for their new characters :( to think that Ghost Rider would be one of the last ones i pre order and then WHAM! Rhino and Black Panther get put up! :thud: and thats not even including all the Star Wars stuff! :gah:

Yeah can you share your bread and water with me please? I'm poor now as well thanks to XM. Panther will be a must. I would get Rhino but where will i put it? It'll be the size of a real one knowing XM. :lol

Oh yeah and can you stop saying things like "to think that Ghost Rider would be one of the last ones i pre order" we know that statement is so full of ****. :rotfl ;)

This is my PO list.

Medusa
Thor
Daredevil
Thanos
Black Bolt
Phoenix
Venom
Mysterio
Kraven

That's before any of the others. :panic: :lol

Yeah can you share your bread and water with me please? I'm poor now as well thanks to XM. Panther will be a must. I would get Rhino but where will i put it? It'll be the size of a real one knowing XM. :lol

Oh yeah and can you stop saying things like "to think that Ghost Rider would be one of the last ones i pre order" we know that statement is so full of ****. :rotfl ;)

:lol :lol I think i must've used that statement a million times even for Sideshow :lol but they always suck me back in! :gah:

Yea, i've got the Sideshow Rhino Com EX and its pretty sick to be fair...texture resembles the Rhino skin perfectly so it'll be tough to decide what to do with mine once i've PO'd the XM one...like with your Venom, it'll probably be to wait until they're both inhand and then make a decision :)

This is my PO list.

Medusa
Thor
Daredevil
Thanos
Black Bolt
Phoenix
Venom
Mysterio
Kraven

That's before any of the others. :panic: :lol

Crazy list mate! :rock Mine is much more tame albeit i do have 2 1/4 scale Motorcycle statues to put somewhere which i dont have space to put :lol :lol

Venom
Punisher
Doc Oc
Classic Iron Man
Ghost Rider
Thor
Boba Fett

Future ones will prob be:

Stormtroopers
Rhino
Black Panther
Spiderman

I can't wait to see their Spiderman and Goblin. I'm going to skip the SW & Batman line because i already buy too much. I'm just sticking to Comic Marvel.

I sold a fair bit of Bowen and HT's. I have room now but that will be filled fast. :lol

I can't wait to see their Spiderman and Goblin. I'm going to skip the SW & Batman line because i already buy too much. I'm just sticking to Comic Marvel.

Yea, the Batman line are the only statues that i'm happy to pass on (thank god) :lol Not the biggest DC fan in the world so not too fussed. Loving the Star Wars Fett and Stormtroopers :rock i pray that they'll do a wicked threepio and R2 statue!!! :thud:

Jesus, Mary & Joseph! How big are your mansions to be able to display all your current statues plus these lists? :lol

Display? :dunno what's one of those? :lol :lol buy now think later has always been my philosophy Eric ;) that way your forced to make space even when you know its not physically possible at the time of pre ordering :lol :lol

Back