XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no final price listed which could get sticky in end. It was $150 down...then what? There is also a Ms Marvel if anyone wants to jump on it.

There's no final price listed which could get sticky in end. It was $150 down...then what? There is also a Ms Marvel if anyone wants to jump on it.

I took a leap of faith with Thanos. I just wanted to secure one. I'm hoping it doesn't get sticky with him. I guessed it would be around 900 to 1200 with shipping. Hoping that's where it ends up. But I did email to find out. Hope I get a response soon.

This whole secret society that XM is starting is kind of frustration. I mean, it's not a huge deal to me since I can't buy their statues... But the fact that they are informing some people even though there are many investing is bizarre.

This whole secret society that XM is starting is kind of frustration. I mean, it's not a huge deal to me since I can't buy their statues... But the fact that they are informing some people even though there are many investing is bizarre.
+1. I agree. How are people booking them before preorder date? Even PCS with their super limited stuff don't have this...

So why does their order say $3000 for mag then? I'm getting a mixture of responses that they're selling it for $900 or $3000...

+1. I agree. How are people booking them before preorder date? Even PCS with their super limited stuff don't have this...

It's to secure a preorder. I have no idea how this works and this is the only piece I am ever buying from this company. Lack of info on price, shipping, time frame is too much for me. I want Thanos cause he's my favorite character. I'm hoping Spec Fiction doesn't burn me in my ass if you know what I'm saying.

Can't tell you wolf-bro....that would be a breach of trust. Trust XM......you will really, really, really like it much more than what has been shown now.

I understand confidence but then nothing should be said at all eluding to it. I do have trust and confidence in XM, just thought I missed a post. :)

So why does their order say $3000 for mag then? I'm getting a mixture of responses that they're selling it for $900 or $3000...

The total price he is asking is $3k. He is asking $900 down if you order it then the remainder plus shipping once it's in stock. It started off that we would get a code for buying through him for the Magneto po. He was caught off guard on the po and wasn't able to secure as many as he was hoping to so the whole process went to crap. At least that's how I remember it...Lol.

I would agree there is a "secret society"...but that is very commonplace in the business arena. In this case, the fact that XM cannot sell product directly to the states contributes that "secret society" feeling. But think about it, individuals who live in Singapore...potential customers and/or agents that act as retail distributors can freely purchase XM product within the parameters of XM's agreement with Marvel. These individuals are more likely to have insider buzz, pre-orders, etc... than those of us that live in the states and/or who frequent collectibles forums. Some of those individuals in the know share information with those of us in the dark. To me it's no different than when individuals with inside knowledge of Sideshow products come on the boards and share information when something is going to go up for pre-order or when a particular piece may eventually ship.

IMHO that is the way it's always worked in business...some folks have insider information, and others don't. The key is identifying those individuals who have accurate insider information, and then establishing contact. The folks in the states that really want XM products, have identified and contacted those individuals who can hopefully help then secure their desired XM product. Those individuals are taking a chance by placing "pre-orders" on XM products prior to the actual PO window being open. Is that a risk?? Sure it is...but you have to be willing to take risks if you want the rewards. Personally a chance to purchase Thanos is worth the risk of securing a pre-order through an insider, rather than trying to purchase it later through the secondary market. Think about how much Magneto or Thanos will go for once those limited pieces hit the secondary market?

Back