XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand confidence but then nothing should be said at all eluding to it.

Why not, all I was saying is those 2 are not the base, and they already have an idea what they are doing, it sounded cool. It has nothing about being secretive, it's just not my place to announce what the design is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would agree there is a "secret society"...but that is very commonplace in the business arena. In this case, the fact that XM cannot sell product directly to the states contributes that "secret society" feeling. But think about it, individuals who live in Singapore...potential customers and/or agents that act as retail distributors can freely purchase XM product within the parameters of XM's agreement with Marvel. These individuals are more likely to have insider buzz, pre-orders, etc... than those of us that live in the states and/or who frequent collectibles forums. Some of those individuals in the know share information with those of us in the dark. To me it's no different than when individuals with inside knowledge of Sideshow products come on the boards and share information when something is going to go up for pre-order or when a particular piece may eventually ship.

IMHO that is the way it's always worked in business...some folks have insider information, and others don't. The key is identifying those individuals who have accurate insider information, and then establishing contact. The folks in the states that really want XM products, have identified and contacted those individuals who can hopefully help then secure their desired XM product. Those individuals are taking a chance by placing "pre-orders" on XM products prior to the actual PO window being open. Is that a risk?? Sure it is...but you have to be willing to take risks if you want the rewards. Personally a chance to purchase Thanos is worth the risk of securing a pre-order through an insider, rather than trying to purchase it later through the secondary market. Think about how much Magneto or Thanos will go for once those limited pieces hit the secondary market?

The distributors I understand... People in the states/other customers... I don't. And really, I don't want this to sound like I'm butt hurt, because again I unfortunately can't afford XM's products so it's just wish wash to me. But those people on the forum who are extremely excited about XM products not privy to that information should be feeling pretty unloved right now.

XM is new to the game, perhaps they need to be less trustworthy if it is second hand links. They'd be better off not revealing anything to the public (even distributors) besides preorder availability/ stocking/ quantity . Etc.

Down the road it'll cost that much, but today is not that day.

Yeah. It's sad. This goes for $650-$750 new. The thought that someone might pay $3000 for a comic statue is mind blowing.

Why wouldn't you private commission someone to make a similar sculpt with any adjustments you want for that price.

This whole secret society that XM is starting is kind of frustration. I mean, it's not a huge deal to me since I can't buy their statues... But the fact that they are informing some people even though there are many investing is bizarre.

Maybe you guys need to start taking to facebook more often. This is not a secret society. Read and observe some posts on XM studios facebook pages. You might find a whole bunch of answers you never knew existed or had been asked.

And yes, Erick Sosa and other artists chime on their as well. That's up to you guys to not be lazy...or haphazardly care with what XM is up to.

Read people...research.....read.

:lol @ the conspiracy theorists.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Thanos looks freaking amazing on display at the Con! It's hard to pick which piece is XM's absolute best with Mags, Thanos, Wolvie, Phoenix & IM all looking superb. That's a pretty damn good problem to have :D

I've got their Facebook and read 99% of what they post. Haven't seen anything about the base except for the fact that they have things in the works.

What did they say on Facebook?

The distributors I understand... People in the states/other customers... I don't. And really, I don't want this to sound like I'm butt hurt, because again I unfortunately can't afford XM's products so it's just wish wash to me. But those people on the forum who are extremely excited about XM products not privy to that information should be feeling pretty unloved right now.

XM is new to the game, perhaps they need to be less trustworthy if it is second hand links. They'd be better off not revealing anything to the public (even distributors) besides preorder availability/ stocking/ quantity . Etc.

I have to be honest Savage...you do somewhat come across as if you are butt hurt. I am not trying to attack you, but maybe the issue is you have limited business experience. You cannot conduct business in a bubble...information has to be shared, and therefore there is always the risk that information you don't want to get out...gets out. There is not a company in existence that can 100% control the flow of information

I'm sorry man...but as I stated earlier there will always be folks in the know who have insider info. I don't care how big, the company is..if they sell products or provide services to the public...there will be individuals with insider knowledge. I just read an article today on how someone from china leaked pictures and videos of Apple's new iphone 6 prior to Apples planned Iphone introduction event scheduled for this Tuesday. If the leaked information on the Iphone 6 is accurate...then even a multi billion dollar conglomerate cannot prevent insider information from being revealed to the public in advance.

Lastly...is there anyone reading this thread who at some point in their life did not take advantage of some sort of insider information? Maybe you had inside information that helped you get a job. You had inside information that helped you secure tickets to an event you wanted to attend. Most of us probably did not have a problem taking advantage of inside information...because we benefited from it. It is only when when we are not the recipient of insider information that we generally start to condemn or complain about those who have access.

Look...at the end of the day you are entitled to your opinion. While I disagree with you, I do respect your right to voice your opinion.

Sorry folks....back to the discussion of Thanos.

Yeah. I really don't mean to come off butt hurt. I could honestly care less, maybe one day I will.

As you said. Back to thanos.

I think this is my #1 of all the XM pieces right now. It's the one that even I can't nitpick at...can't find anything wrong with it.

Are you guys that are making the reservation deposit a little concerned about what the price may end up being? not like there is even a price regulation on these things.

the wording could also be viewed as putting money down for a reservation which might not even go towards the actual statue. I'm considering, but it makes me nervous. The wording is just very vague.

To all of those who are annoyed that there are some in the KNOW well I hate to say it, but there are guys here who have the same relationship with SSC. Also, there are just guys who have been talking with the guys at XM for over a year now about POes, and guys who have been providing input as to ways that the XM guys could improve their work. Those types of relationships can get you a certain level of trust, and there are guys who have been helping to throw fuel on the hype fire with the bits of information they have been given. In the end some of us know a little more through things like FB and through private discussions that is just the way it is. It isn't hurting anything that I know about ******** and ********* statues, or the ********** line, and not to mention the ********* ***. Really who does it hurt?

To all of those who are annoyed that there are some in the KNOW well I hate to say it, but there are guys here who have the same relationship with SSC. Also, there are just guys who have been talking with the guys at XM for over a year now about POes, and guys who have been providing input as to ways that the XM guys could improve their work. Those types of relationships can get you a certain level of trust, and there are guys who have been helping to throw fuel on the hype fire with the bits of information they have been given. In the end some of us know a little more through things like FB and through private discussions that is just the way it is. It isn't hurting anything that I know about ******** and ********* statues, or the ********** line, and not to mention the ********* ***. Really who does it hurt?
I think the leaked info doesn't take long before it hits the forums anyway. It's probably done on purpose I'm guessing?

If it is it's working because it's keeping us all talking

I do wonder what SS think of XM though because you look at the Marvel threads & XM are dominating

I think the leaked info doesn't take long before it hits the forums anyway. It's probably done on purpose I'm guessing?

I do wonder what SS think of XM though because you look at the Marvel threads & XM are dominating

I guess we will all know exactly what they are thinking if they ever chime in and try to block posts.

Are you guys that are making the reservation deposit a little concerned about what the price may end up being? not like there is even a price regulation on these things.

the wording could also be viewed as putting money down for a reservation which might not even go towards the actual statue. I'm considering, but it makes me nervous. The wording is just very vague.

The price is $899 Singapore dollars...it's on the little black card beside the statue in the latest pics.

The price is $899 Singapore dollars...it's on the little black card beside the statue in the latest pics.

Yea but that's suggested price right? I'm sure magneto listed a $3,000 isn't what he's supposed to go for either. Sites seem to be charging what they want to is what I'm saying.

Not all of it hits the forums m8... because ... well

giphy.gif

As for YOU

tumblr_inline_mkcq26ncvT1qz4rgp.gif

I am not worried because of the person I am dealing with, I trust my instinct Mark won't be screwing me. The only way he could screw me is not getting my #38 delivered to me. I actually have a very sweet deal setup with Mark for getting on board with him early, and ordering everything Marvel 1/4 and 1/6. People who get nervous and unwilling to take chances tend to have more miss opportunities in life. It's not like you are the only one POing it.

One thing I won't do tho. Seeing some of you are doing it. I won't put money down with SpecFiction without knowing the price. He never came out and explain what happened with Magneto, and his price changes all the time, and he has the highest US retail price on XM stuff. Thanos retail price is known, he should know how much it will be. Don't buy blind with him unless you don't care about price.

Back