XM Studios Upcoming & Future Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my rewards points to pick up SSC's latest Doom PF. I think it's a good looking PF. I love pieces sculpted by the very talented Ray Villafane. That said, I'd still LOVE to see a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Doom from XM. They would have a chance to do something EPIC with the character and I'm a HUGE fully sculpted fan to boot. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Doom.

I used my rewards points to pick up SSC's latest Doom PF. I think it's a good looking PF. I love pieces sculpted by the very talented Ray Villafane. That said, I'd still LOVE to see a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Doom from XM. They would have a chance to do something EPIC with the character and I'm a HUGE fully sculpted fan to boot. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Doom.

I definitely love mixed media but fully sculpted is great as well. Often I see fully sculpted pieces painted very poorly where grooves and shadows are painted too much and create way too much contrast but the XM pieces don't have any of that...they do a fantastic job of making sure the paint is spot on. I am excited for all future pieces...can't afford them all but it'll be fun no matter what they release!

I definitely love mixed media but fully sculpted is great as well. Often I see fully sculpted pieces painted very poorly where grooves and shadows are painted too much and create way too much contrast but the XM pieces don't have any of that...they do a fantastic job of making sure the paint is spot on. I am excited for all future pieces...can't afford them all but it'll be fun no matter what they release!

Yeah, I unfortunately can't afford to buy every XM piece that I would want (crushed that I had to pass on Phoenix). However, it's great seeing a company do business the way XM does. I'm a big fan of their work and their merch. They are incredibly exciting to follow.

I prefer mix over fs. But cleaning wise, mix is big pain in the ****. Cool to see what XM will continue to pull out. I say more ladies :naughty

Add Jubilee and a Dark Phoenix and my goal is to get a line up of this and the print.
Woman_of_X-men_U2.jpg

I think it's a good classic Doom. What bugs me most, is the base, it's really poor. I'm thinking about grabbing him anyway and have his base replaced. A custom, with some debris and ruins and "half" of a battle damaged classic Iron Man laying (just his torso) with Doom stepping on him. I'd also want a pair of switch out hands, like a right hand holding a sword, a left hand holding a chalice. Some more details and rust added to Doom's armor. It would become a 1/4 Doomquest piece. But that's a lot of money to commit and the new Doom PF is going to be available for quite a while, I'm also probably burning my reward points on Mignola's Hellboy, so it's definitely an idea I'm considering, but quite stretched. Doom is one of the few characters I'd love to collect in multiple incarnations, I'd take 3-4 awesome Dooms over an entire Avengers team or Justice League line up, no joke.

Since we are throwing out wish list items ... Well a Hulk vs Wolverine Dio would be pretty damn awesome. I was asked by some here to throw some designs XMs way.... Maybe I will give it a go.

I prefer mix over fs. But cleaning wise, mix is big pain in the ****. Cool to see what XM will continue to pull out. I say more ladies :naughty

Add Jubilee and a Dark Phoenix and my goal is to get a line up of this and the print.
Woman_of_X-men_U2.jpg

shadow cat looklike Nat portman...
Pyclocke look like Zoë Kravitz =)

Hmmm ...Actually Shadow Cat looks like Kristen Kruek ...to me anyway. And Emma looks like Candace Swanepoel (Victoria Secret Model) ...or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part ...lol

Two good Doom PFs - :dunno

well, the first one was GREAT and the 2nd one is good. Sure the base is weak but the statue is still pretty nice IMO. And the legendary scale is pretty epic...soo, enough Doom! XM needs to focus on characters that we don't have quality 1/4 scale representations of.

Since we are throwing out wish list items ... Well a Hulk vs Wolverine Dio would be pretty damn awesome. I was asked by some here to throw some designs XMs way.... Maybe I will give it a go.

Yeah Spidey, I was one of those who requested you give it a shot. This dio is long overdue, & if Xm jumps on the prematurely neglected dio themes(?), what a great win for both the company & all collectors. Just get to work man, & do it!

Now Spidey, can it be that your quest for this dio to possibly be made by XM can be interpreted as a freudian slip? Hoping I'm right, & your hints at bigger, better things to come from XM is them venturing into the dio game?:pray:

As for all you speculation haters, relax, it's just a lot of fun, so chill out & enjoy the ride!:wink1::wave

People complain about prices for the Single statues, a 1:4 scale dio would be around $2000, even if it was 1:6 scale it would probably be around $1200... in order to get them shipped over here.... But who knows maybe they'll try one to see what kind of sale numbers they would get...

People complain about prices for the Single statues, a 1:4 scale dio would be around $2000, even if it was 1:6 scale it would probably be around $1200... in order to get them shipped over here.... But who knows maybe they'll try one to see what kind of sale numbers they would get...

Consider a few things:
-If people are spending 1200$ for the ARH Conan diorama, an XM diorama for 2000$ would look like a bargain
-People are already spending 2000$ for 1:4 dioramas. I mean, you put Thanos facing Phoenix, it's not exactly a "diorama", but there you have a 2000$ display :D
-Dioramas (usually) don't have switchouts or many parts, have them packaged is more or less like packaging any other statue so shipping should not be tragic
-1:5 is the ideal size for dioramas, imho. At 1500$ shipped it would be a fair compromise. You have the size, the mass, a dynamic display you can't achieve with 1:4 pieces and shipping should be more or less the same

Yeah Spidey, I was one of those who requested you give it a shot. This dio is long overdue, & if Xm jumps on the prematurely neglected dio themes(?), what a great win for both the company & all collectors. Just get to work man, & do it!

Now Spidey, can it be that your quest for this dio to possibly be made by XM can be interpreted as a freudian slip? Hoping I'm right, & your hints at bigger, better things to come from XM is them venturing into the dio game?:pray:

As for all you speculation haters, relax, it's just a lot of fun, so chill out & enjoy the ride!:wink1::wave

Nope no Freud here

Consider a few things:
-If people are spending 1200$ for the ARH Conan diorama, an XM diorama for 2000$ would look like a bargain
-People are already spending 2000$ for 1:4 dioramas. I mean, you put Thanos facing Phoenix, it's not exactly a "diorama", but there you have a 2000$ display :D
-Dioramas (usually) don't have switchouts or many parts, have them packaged is more or less like packaging any other statue so shipping should not be tragic
-1:5 is the ideal size for dioramas, imho. At 1500$ shipped it would be a fair compromise. You have the size, the mass, a dynamic display you can't achieve with 1:4 pieces and shipping should be more or less the same

While I don't have any issues with 1/6 about Dios I will say that so far all of the XMen (Sentinel) and Avengers (New York) characters have Diorama like bases. Ms. Marvel and SheHulk both have different parts of a tank. It isn't to far a stretch to think that if two characters were designed properly they could be used in a stand alone or VS manner. Oh and I just love drawing the Hulk, and well I haven't drawn Wolverine in YEARS. Might be fun to do individual pieces and then show how I would put them together.

Last edited:
Let's not give ideas on more expensive statues guys, hahaha. It's expensive already as it is

well, the first one was GREAT and the 2nd one is good. Sure the base is weak but the statue is still pretty nice IMO. And the legendary scale is pretty epic...soo, enough Doom! XM needs to focus on characters that we don't have quality 1/4 scale representations of.

My point was that the second one hasn't even shipped yet, so seems premature to say if it is good or...not good.

Back