You Predict the Price: Clone Wars Obi-Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So what will the damage on Obi-Wan be?!?

• $59.99-$69.99

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • $70-$79.99

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • $80-$89.99

Votes: 27 16.8%
  • $90-$99.99

Votes: 55 34.2%
  • $100-$109.99

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • $110-$119.99

Votes: 24 14.9%
  • $120-$129.99

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • $130+ or smaller body parts...

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
BTW Proto, nice to see you outside of the Apes campaign!

Well, it's hard to have an original thought here in the Star Wars forums... the sand box is so big here. :D

I find it rather difficult to post here. Just when I think there is something I'd like to comment on or a question I might have concerning something new of Star Wars, there is already a forty page thread (and counting) created on the subject. Usually within the vastness of each thread, my question is normally answered for me. :rolleyes:

To borrow a title from H.P. Lovecraft, I'm a mere "Lurker in the Threshold".... I spend most of my time in this forum just reading... wading in the very large pool of Star Wars fandom...

Gee, that doesn't sound very sanitary. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I think Homer might have been the first to call that price, with Lonnie right behind him.

To be fair, Homer said from the first moment that he knew the price, he did not guess it or call it. Everyone treated it like he was giving his opinion when he plainly wasn't.

:lecture

1500 sold in 9 minutes - definitely the death knell for Star Wars figures.

ROTFLMFAO

Bet there's still some chicken littles out there....

"the 1500 edition size is too small - shows no interest"
"yeah they did armoured figures but they won't do vader"
"No chewbacca... ever"
"No droids".

With the new armour body I reckon they put paid to no droids or chewie - both of those could be done as variants on the armour body - 3PO with gold "armour" over a black body suit (after all there was an actor under there) and chewie with a fur suit... the armour body ensuring that he doesn't look too chubby.

Its an exciting time to be a SSC Star Wars Collector

This week I should have coming Medicom Sandtrooper and Yoda (from Casefresh if any other Australians are reading - they are on special right now), Venom as Punisher and a Takara Batman Begins.... happy me... sad credit card.

ROTFLMFAO

Bet there's still some chicken littles out there....

"the 1500 edition size is too small - shows no interest"
"yeah they did armoured figures but they won't do vader"
"No chewbacca... ever"
"No droids".

With the new armour body I reckon they put paid to no droids or chewie - both of those could be done as variants on the armour body - 3PO with gold "armour" over a black body suit (after all there was an actor under there) and chewie with a fur suit... the armour body ensuring that he doesn't look too chubby.

They won't do actual clones. :rotfl

I think in the chat they said Chewie wouldn't use the armor body. It's only for armored characters. I don't see a reason to.

Great idea on C-3PO. I wanted to see him done with a body underneath and this new armor body is perfect. But they may just do a totally new sculpt. :huh

But they said they don't really like C-3PO and R2 is just a trash can on wheels. :monkey2

1500 sold in 9 minutes - definitely the death knell for Star Wars figures.

I don't think anybody said anything about that now. Ninety bucks is a steal for that figure, but the sad thing is that it makes poor old Gandalf look that much worse as far as pricing. All the figures that they released look great this week. Indiana Jones is AWESOME. OB1 is AWESOME. Gandalf is AWESOME. It is just sad that Gandalf will end up feeling a little left out in the excitement because of his price. A sad time for Lord of the Rings fans.

Well, I'm happy for old Gandalf... sure he's not flashy, but what would a LOTR display be w/o him?!?

I think in the chat they said Chewie wouldn't use the armor body. It's only for armored characters. I don't see a reason to.

That might change when they get further into it. As I understand it the actor was actually quite lanky, and the fur will make the figure appear chubby if over a regular body. This is a weakness of every Chewie custom I've ever seen - using a regular body with fur just makes it look fat, even if they get the height right. And to be clear - some of them have been great - but still have this issue. And at heart this was the reason for the armour body - to make the final figure look proportionate whilst having an exterior layer (armour)

I suppose they could try find some kind of fur that doesn't puff up as much but given they already have the armour body I would have thought that would be the way to go.

Well, I'm happy for old Gandalf... sure he's not flashy, but what would a LOTR display be w/o him?!?

I agree. I am just going to wait for a price that I am more happy with like 80 bucks. Ninety is just too much for what you get. A great looking figure though. I will find a happy home for him.

Like most I'm sure you'll be able to get the regular for less later on down the road. Exclusive's are hit or miss.

I don't think anybody said anything about that now. Ninety bucks is a steal for that figure, but the sad thing is that it makes poor old Gandalf look that much worse as far as pricing. All the figures that they released look great this week. Indiana Jones is AWESOME. OB1 is AWESOME. Gandalf is AWESOME. It is just sad that Gandalf will end up feeling a little left out in the excitement because of his price. A sad time for Lord of the Rings fans.

I said it as a certain allusion to a certain chicken little--- d'oh!:rotfl:monkey3

I said it as a certain allusion to a certain chicken little--- d'oh!:rotfl:monkey3

What are you calling me chicken?:lol

marty-mcfly-1743.jpg

Last edited:
Back