Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Trek and Star Trek: Into Darkness UHD
Creed UHD
Airport series BD
Zootopia BD
Flight BD
Ica Age 1&2 BD

I'm curious as to how many of you plan on replacing some of you blus with UHD discs now? I'm only getting new ones in UHD that aren't available in 3D. There are some that I'll get (like LotR) when they come out, but I doubt I'll replace the majority of mine.

I'm not replacing my Blu-Rays with UHDs. I may choose to buy a movie in UHD versus Blu-Ray, but won't double dip on any movie.

(Unless Peter Jackson comes out with another version of LOTR with the extra footage he has locked away)

Last edited:
F that. Once they start releasing tru 4k movies and I have tru 4k equipment at home I may grab some releases, but why bother now? And I am not dipping again on stuff. Unless it's like an all time fave and the reviews are favorable for the release.

I'm just buying certain movies i dont already own on UHD as they are released, there are very few movies I'd even consider double dipping on, SW, ESB, ROTJ, TFA, ROTLA, and maybe LOTR, if it has new material.

As it is now, it's case by case, a new UHD film is not a instant buy.

I buy whatever I don't have on UHD and replacing whichever ones are either amazing movies, or got an ATMOS track added. I didn't upgrade my system to the tune of $10k for ATMOS to just have it sit there. It's too amazing not to utilize it. Up to now I have Sicario, The Revenant, Ghostbusters 1 and 2, Star Trek 2009, Into Darkness, Martian Extended, Creed, Deadpool and Indepemdance Day on UHD. Love the format.

I buy whatever I don't have on UHD and replacing whichever ones are either amazing movies, or got an ATMOS track added. I didn't upgrade my system to the tune of $10k for ATMOS to just have it sit there. It's too amazing not to utilize it. Up to now I have Sicario, The Revenant, Ghostbusters 1 and 2, Star Trek 2009, Into Darkness, Martian Extended, Creed, Deadpool and Indepemdance Day on UHD. Love the format.

If I could afford to pour $10K into my sound system, I probably would too.

If I could afford to pour $10K into my sound system, I probably would too.

That was just the add-on (ATMOS) :lol I love this stuff and I will never regret pouring a lot of money into it. I can have regrets about spending it on statues sometimes, but never this. I'm not the only one enjoying it, friends and family as well, and I'm happy to provide the entertainment.

My receiver is ready, need a projector and player. But I am in no rush.

I'm in no rush for the PJ either since the technology isn't really there yet unless you want to pay out of your ass. There's also the implementation of Dolby Vision in the near future, so it's not time right now. Besides, UHD on my 1080p PJ looks fantastic and I still get my ATMOS sound.

Back