Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FC43LrlXsAkvG88.jpeg

The Seneschal Episode 2: The Mechanicus

I’m really enjoying the lore of this universe. This episode reveals more about the role of the myth of Issa and how it became a core component to the creation of the Mechanicus Militarium, aka the Jimmies. It also starts to flesh out a kind of mystic aspect in which certain individuals are gifted with a “seer” ability that, harnessed through a form of magic, gives them visions of the future and past as well. So it’s beginning to open up the mysticism of the mythos, sort of like the Jedi’s use of the Force.

I really hope we get a Part 3, I want to see this redeveloped more.

I feel a parallel between Rebel Moon and Amazon’s Rings of Power. Yes, Rebel Moon is arguably flawed and off to a rocky start. But it has good enough bones that I definitely want to see it grow and continue, to develop and mature. It’s like a newborn horse, lol.
The issue is, are we going to have to sit through the diluted Netflix cut or wait months and try and avoid spoilers like this time?

It's clear the director's cuts are far superior and his actual vision, but it's a real PITA the way they're releasing them. Maybe Netflix will let him release his cut first next time? I know Netflix don't have a problem with gore and adult scenes, but they also want money and it makes sense to try to attract a wider audience as well. Plus, they want double the viewers by making us watch both, very annoying!

The issue is, are we going to have to sit through the diluted Netflix cut or wait months and try and avoid spoilers like this time?

It's clear the director's cuts are far superior and his actual vision, but it's a real PITA the way they're releasing them. Maybe Netflix will let him release his cut first next time? I know Netflix don't have a problem with gore and adult scenes, but they also want money and it makes sense to try to attract a wider audience as well. Plus, they want double the viewers by making us watch both, very annoying!
It's a hard one to call. They've got the viewing figures with the PG13 versions but not the reviews and vice versa with the director's cuts. I'd say only if Netflix gets a sense how much the PG13 version damaged the new franchise will they take a small hit on the views.

So, Rebel Moon hoping for a 4k physical release at some point 😁

I would love a 4k blu ray disk of the director’s cuts. Netflix rarely releases physical media for its original content, but there is precedent for it.

After this debacle I’m 100% positive that we’ll never see anything but a director’s cut from Zack Snyder ever again from here on out. Any studio that works with him realizes that his fans are only interested in seeing his completely unrestricted, unabridged work. And any smaller indie films that he makes at Stone Quarry will of course be totally his.

Last edited:
Watched Chapter 2 Director's Cut. Very similar thoughts to part 1. Much better movie. Rather than just a small story it feels like it's a small part of a really epic story now.

Back