1/6 Hot Toys - Deadpool & Wolverine - Wolverine (Regular & Deluxe Ver) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The masked head is growing on me; which I wasn't completely enamored with from the start.
As much as I like the cowl-less sculpt I wish it was different. It's a fantastic Jackman sculpt. I know he has that expression in the trailers. I think it's the open mouth.

I still want a civvie outfit Logan in addition to this X-Men outfit - I mulled over the recent DOFP figure for that purpose but I'm not so sure I like that 70s outfit so much anymore. I might hold out and see what else could happen.
Lumberjack Logan??

KjdFZ6O.gif

I like the suit in Logan but I will just put this guy next to DOFP Wolverine and maybe use the unmasked sculpt for that

And look at that, we all know how to spell his name and clamoring for the next HT figure of him.

I was torn too. Went with SS only because I had a 20$ coupon code and some unused points, made him *very* reasonable.
Same i panicked and went with sideshow since i knew they would still have it up for the deluxe and i had unused rewards.
They’re gonna make so many of these Wolverines I wasn’t worried he would sell out. But they’re gonna make so many of these Wolverines, I didn’t want to be the guy waiting 9 months after initial release for that thirty-ninth batch of them to arrive to resellers.

The most fascinating part is that Jackman was a last minute recast.
Yep. And he was still best known as a stage singer and dancer. At the time, I knew him from this:
zINidncK58lXeOO3naBDbRmniAqSVbkHLEs5zlGttkjthsMQBsAy69s0M-aKfSZAN2TD

He was cast so quickly he didn’t even get a proper chance to muscle up for the role, hence why he’s not nearly as bulked up in some shots compared to others.

Yet he nailed the performance right out of the gate.

I skimmed through X1 this week, and he's just flawless in scene after scene. The vibe he gives - that he could easily do without the X-Men - is so great.

[
7ab0b408801d5f4932e1f46da6d0f94142996699.gif

Twenty-four years later. We went through three Batman actors. Three Spider-Man actors. Three Superman actors. Over 30 MCU projects.

And Hugh’s still killing it.
X1 Wolverine still has the best combo of the hair/chops look. it didn't look so professionally styled if that makes sense. It had a more natural look to it like that's just the way his hair was vs later films.
They’re gonna make so many of these Wolverines I wasn’t worried he would sell out. But they’re gonna make so many of these Wolverines, I didn’t want to be the guy waiting 9 months after initial release for that thirty-ninth batch of them to arrive to resellers.
Yea, given the response this has had, I wouldn't be surprised if HT makes a few extra even though they have been cutting back with the latest couple of releases

X1 Wolverine still has the best combo of the hair/chops look. it didn't look so professionally styled if that makes sense. It had a more natural look to it like that's just the way his hair was vs later films.

Yea, given the response this has had, I wouldn't be surprised if HT makes a few extra even though they have been cutting back with the latest couple of releases
Completely agree about the hair.
It looked totally natural and evocative of that classic comic style. After that, it always looked too intentional and tidy.

What a mane
1718400437776.jpeg

My ultimate Jackman Wolverine figure would definitely be the bar look.
XMenWolverine-MAIN1.jpg

There’s just something undeniable about the layering of leather on denim on flannel on wife-beater on beefcake with dog tags that has always done it for me.

No one will top Jackman in this role.

It looked totally natural and evocative of that classic comic style. After that, it always looked too intentional and tidy.

What a mane
View attachment 708001

XMenWolverine-MAIN1.jpg

There’s just something undeniable about the layering of leather on denim on flannel on wife-beater on beefcake with dog tags that has always done it for me.

“Does it hurt?”
“Every time.”

As much as I'd be in for a comic accurate wolverine on film (him being 5,3 or 5,5) I will never deny Hugh Jackman is Wolverine for me since he was my childhood. Buying 2 or 3 of these figures isn't an issue (for my bank account it is. Lol) because me and others wanted this look for a long time.

Last edited:
Finally caved and ordered him. Can't wait to see the Deadpool figure. I guess I'll have that until this one comes out see which one I want to keep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240614_182147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240614_182147_Chrome.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 0

What a mane
View attachment 708001

XMenWolverine-MAIN1.jpg

Yeah, I've got an origins figure with a custom sculpt but need to eventually get a decent flannel for him, at least.

20240614_230232.jpg

By the way, I got this at the theater tonight.

20240614_230048.jpg

Back