1/6 Hot Toys - Deadpool & Wolverine - Wolverine (Regular & Deluxe Ver) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He wasn't really a "cameo", per se. I believe they were referring to entirely different characters like Black Bolt, Captain Carter, Mister Fantastic, etc.

But, yes, Dead Strange was a cool figure.
I thought they meant like the variants of Strange. Like Dead strange, Defender Strange (same character as Dead Strange) Supreme Doctor Strange, Dark Strange. But yeah other characters from the illuminati weren't made. I'd have loved a Professor X to go with this Wolverine.

well if we're getting variants give us a Betty White Wolverine variant then

O4TmQSl.gif

Hiroyuki Sanada deserved better in that film :slap not a great overall film but I did enjoy some moments
Seeing Logan survive an atomic blast was insane
Yeah Hiroyuki Sanada as Shingen Yashida was wasted as he was the main antagonist of The wolverine comic by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.

Need another/2.0 modern civilian Hugh with that biker jacket, a tweaked HS from this would be nice.
I remember watching origins in cinema, it's bad even with a low expectations of marvel movie back then. I got a vibe of bollywood action in some scene 🤣

The Wolverine is one of the most frustrating movies I have ever seen. It's 3/4s perfect.

Imagine this....movie runs as is until the samurai duel with Shingen at their home. Up to this point you're assuming he's the big bad, keep it going. And you've got the Chekov's gun of the Silver Samurai armor out there. Wolverine heads to the mountain village. You still get the fight through the ninjas, but a back-to-full-strength Logan approaching berserker rage just tears through them. (Maybe earn that R-rating.) Reaching the castle, he's ready to fight Mariko's dad, but instead finds him dead and withered, drained of his youth. That's what they were stealing from Logan, the knowledge of how his healing factor worked. And now we see old man Yashida, young again, either played by Yamamura if they go all the way back, or maybe even played by Sanada, middle-aged, as the Silver Samurai. Now you get the bad ass 1v1 samurai fight as the big closer, instead of the stupid CGI robot battle. You could even have had Yukio give Logan the Yashida colors right before he heads to the mountains.

Bottom line....this was 100 minutes of an almost-intimate character film that didn't deserve to end in a misplaced CGI fest.

Last edited:
Back