1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly, the sculpt seems to benefit the most from a straight on stare. Most of the sculpts (AOTC Anakin and Padme for example) benefit greatly from the moveable eyes and a sideways or downward look. Excited to have this paired with the Vader from the series on the shelf. It was a fun scene and I don't care about the unevenness (being kind!) of the show...

Surprised so many canceled this, they had been showing off an updated sculpt at cons since when, last summer? It does look way better but still not quite totally Ewan. Still have my PO for the exclusive but on the fence just because the show was so, so bad.

Surprised so many canceled this, they had been showing off an updated sculpt at cons since when, last summer? It does look way better but still not quite totally Ewan. Still have my PO for the exclusive but on the fence just because the show was so, so bad.

Keep him, and just ignore the show like I ignore BoBF with my BoBF Bobas. After a while its easy to do. Especially with a really pretty figure.

You Welcome!

IMG_9919.jpeg

I get past the show because my own head canon more or less gelled visually with Sideshow's original 1/4 statue. Which, ironically, is where the show got costume ideas from.

Like, in my head, after dropping off Luke, where would Obi go and what would he do? I think the original statue pretty well covered Obi slogging through the desert, needing to establish some non-descript home where he could watch over Luke.

So this fig will go well with my Sideshow Mythos Obi figure and my ROTS Obi as well as Qui-Gon. An entire Tatooine arc to old Obi. I just like the idea of Obi-Wan essentially sacrificing himself in some backwater to protect this last hope (Luke). I just ignore the stupid *&^% in the show. Same as I do for Boba, a fig I just got in.

I can't have everything; I just need a re-release of farmboy Luke to cap off my little display. Am sure if I wait long enough that will happen $$$$$ probably with some nerve-wracking Artisan version release. Anyway, a lot of the script may have been *&^% but Ewan did a stellar job. The fig looks beautiful.(y)

Keep him, and just ignore the show like I ignore BoBF with my BoBF Bobas. After a while its easy to do. Especially with a really pretty figure.

For sure, the fans know the heart of a character; it's why they are fans in the first place. We can't help it if there's stuff like Rings of Power or the Acolyte or other dribble like the Mods in BOBF. Even then I like the Rasta guy and his attitude. 😁 Like Obi had that stellar shot of Anakin in the field, which if I wanted to dissect it, TBH in ROTS I would have thought Obi would have been a lot more upset as he flew off. He's just "killed" Anakin and the whole Jedi order was destroyed. But it's - fine.

Last edited:
Wait... there was an Obi-Wan series? Oh I don't think so... :monkey3

View attachment 724815

We're still working on the script, where in spite of some gut wrenching quiet scenes where Obi-Wan mourns Anakin and communes with Qui-Gon over the losses and failures to understand the Prophecy, Obi-Wan maintains a sense of humor and quietly helps out the denizens of Tatooine now again. There's some pretty epic fights between Obi and some gnarly characters as well as watching him outwit a few genuinely dangerous Inquisitors and an ambitious Storm Trooper. Plus some drama where Obi has to go to another planet and then make a choice between returning to Tatooine to keep his promise, or leave some denizens to their fate to be slaughtered. 😁

I would think that is all but guaranteed next year... Maybe an artisan though :(
They could be eventually phasing out the artisan line as quickly as it came in seeing how Beetlejuice comes with the 2 rooted wool hair sculpts and costs less than every artisan figure to date.

Last edited:
They could be eventually phasing out the artisan line as quickly as it came in seeing how Beetlejuice comes with the 2 rooted wool hair sculpts and costs less every artisan figure to date.
That would be relief, the whole battle for an "artisan" figure is too nerve wracking and why not make lots of "artisan" figures when - tough financial times or not - there's clearly a market for upscale figures.

Ended up preordering with Sugo. What's their turn-around for Hot Toys figures?

We're still working on the script, where in spite of some gut wrenching quiet scenes where Obi-Wan mourns Anakin and communes with Qui-Gon over the losses and failures to understand the Prophecy, Obi-Wan maintains a sense of humor and quietly helps out the denizens of Tatooine now again. There's some pretty epic fights between Obi and some gnarly characters as well as watching him outwit a few genuinely dangerous Inquisitors and an ambitious Storm Trooper. Plus some drama where Obi has to go to another planet and then make a choice between returning to Tatooine to keep his promise, or leave some denizens to their fate to be slaughtered. 😁
And he never meets or fights vader. Otherwise, the quote “surely he must be dead by now “ holds no meaning, as Vader saw him 2 weeks ago.

Back