1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alien is one of my top 5 movies, probably top 3 and is fighting with Aliens for 2nd place depending on my mood. But Ripley in Alien didnt really do anything to warrant a "figure". Recreate the scene where shes stood with her arms crossed, where shes leaning on the table, where shes talking over the radio system... oh no headset. Its a figure of a character who did nothing but stand and lean on things all movie and ran a bit a the end. So all though its my favorite franchise overall the motivation to have a figure of this iteration of timid Ripley isnt strong. Aliens ripley in her vest, holding pulse rifle... thats a figure.

As for the figure itself i hate the hair. Reminds me of black mashed potato. Face looks too masculine. And has she had 2 weeks in ibiza? I wish all figures of white people didnt need to have a tan. Make us milk white with pink cheeks like we really are.

Id never display the cat, but that is actually hilarious. If you take the head off the figure, and the cat you have a great starting point. They should recall them and try again. Throw all the heads away, burn the cats.

Im more inclined to buy a Kane or Dallas on ebay for double the price despite the lack of facial likeness and outfits that are either falling to bits of electronics not working.

I will get Ripley, but it will be one random morning when im casually searching for newly listed Hot Toys for the occasions people throw them on cheap for a quick sale. Ill buy one then. Id be all over the Aliens version and Power Loader though. From Alien to Aliens its a complete 180 in how much the character warrants a figure.

Both films reside high on my all time list with me as well, but I think most of the fun is simply having a representation of character(s) from these movies, despite the things they may have done on screen not really 'deserving' them of a figure. Me personally I'd love a 'figure' of Lambert even though all she really did on screen was whine, complain and cry!

^^ Lambert was integral to the birth scene though. Her face, the blood soak, the " ermagawd! " sound she made. Its iconic. Even if the figure couldnt actually do much due to the scene being extremely specific atleast it would have life in it.
So, a figure is a figure if the figure has action scenes, isn't it? Jesus Christ... ��
As a figure, if the figure is designed to be stood in a pose in which she is doing NOTHING other than resting her hands on her hip or crossing her arms or holding a box with a spasticated cat in it then the display options and playability for the figure are very minimal. And that makes it very lame. For the same price you can buy Harley Quinn, or Wonder Woman. They can be casual, change of outfits somewhat, be in a power pose, or be in a full action dynamic pose. For the same price! You cannot even put Ripley in an action pose to change up the display because she has the gormless uninterested look on her face.

So yes, by Comparison Ripley as an action figure from Alien is lame. She has no iconic poses, she was never in combat and the figure reflects that. And i will stand by my statement. If you make a figure of a character who didnt visually do much then its a very hard selling point to get you to want to pose and play with the figure when its got nothing to aspire to recreate. Especially at a $250 price tag.

Jesus Christ... ��

Last edited:
I'd say that this is her 'iconic' pose from the first film-

alien-1979-ripley-sigourney-weaver.jpg

you can sorta get her near this pose but arms don't quite work for it, and the hairsculpt would detract from the authenticity of it. Yeah it'd be great to be able to get her into this 'exact' pose but ****, I'm just glad this one actually came to fruition as a figure, lack of on screen 'action' justification notwithstanding.

That said the first Predator figure from HT you can't get it into its 'iconic' pose which in my book is-

Predator.jpg

Can't bend it enough to get it to squat like that. Still doesn't detract from my overall enjoyment of owning it!

I'd say that this is her 'iconic' pose from the first film-

alien-1979-ripley-sigourney-weaver.jpg

you can sorta get her near this pose but arms don't quite work for it, and the hairsculpt would detract from the authenticity of it. Yeah it'd be great to be able to get her into this 'exact' pose but ****, I'm just glad this one actually came to fruition as a figure, lack of on screen 'action' justification notwithstanding.

I tried it...:lol

r7vg49.jpg

2nu0u1f.jpg

I'm picking up my dull lack-of-action doll tomorrow. The character is just too iconic not to own. My opinion is the only one that really matters so...

Those who have it please keep posting your great photos --action or otherwise.

Hi, this is the first time I've posted on this forum. I just bought this figure and it's the first Hot Toys figure I've bought and I know this is kind of a stupid question but how are you supposed to remove the protective plastic wrapped around the figure's neck?

Hi, this is the first time I've posted on this forum. I just bought this figure and it's the first Hot Toys figure I've bought and I know this is kind of a stupid question but how are you supposed to remove the protective plastic wrapped around the figure's neck?

Pull the head off. Doesn't usually take much effort to do so.

You dont need to pull the head off, i didnt, the plastic tears easy, or just use scissors to make a cut and pull downwards.

Here's my quick look at the recent Hot Toys Ellen Ripley figure! It was certainly a pretty lengthy delay to release, but overall it's definitely a nice addition to the collection. Hope you can click through and check out my thoughts.

Would I be wrong if I painted her shirt snaps brass/gold colored? Almost certain they were not silver.

Cool. I have a special original paint apps technique set up to nail these tiny little buttons without messing up the shirt using gold metallic paint. Glad they at least added these as detail to the shirt.

Doesn't show that much in pictures but I padded her breasts and shoulders a bit. She was way too skinny for my taste

056c56784a19912d433b9f027aad41d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back