1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Ripley for over a month now and neck down she is fabulous, however the head sculpt seems to be a huge step down compared to my other HT’s displayed. Thoughts of selling and replacing with Hoth Leia have started to enter my mind. Ofcourse we will have to wait to see how Leia turns out. I don’t hate Ripley but I feel she is not on par with my “tight” collection.

One reason may be there is no definition on her face. The paint seems to be “one tone”. Looking at other I own there are so many tones that add to the realism.

I have Ripley for over a month now and neck down she is fabulous, however the head sculpt seems to be a huge step down compared to my other HT’s displayed. Thoughts of selling and replacing with Hoth Leia have started to enter my mind. Ofcourse we will have to wait to see how Leia turns out. I don’t hate Ripley but I feel she is not on par with my “tight” collection.

One reason may be there is no definition on her face. The paint seems to be “one tone”. Looking at other I own there are so many tones that add to the realism.
Shhhhhhh, he might hear you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very curious how it goes. I want to do the same thing. Never heard of AC Moore, is that an art supply store?

They are similar to a Michaels or Hobby Lobby, just a little less so in both cases. They have them on the east coast. But I haven't seen this exact product in either of the other two stores.

need to look around for a bald doll head now.

A few photos of mine. Love it, I know we'll probably won't see any more Alien related stuff from HT, but one can dream...

ripley5.jpg

ripley7.jpg

ripley6.jpg

ripley2.jpg

ripley4.jpg

You could paint something like I did over her face...

WEB RET IMG_2387.jpg

Back