1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pose. I think she will be in this posture for a long long time. :lol

2d1jzls.jpg

Dude, she was a younger female with a clean and no wrinkles. He was a man with a horrible skin... So he has more wrinkle detail. You are right in one thing: she must have more detail with frown wrinkles.

Mmmm hmmm.
Also, while that figure is unmistakably Bill Murray, and an excellent likeness of him to boot, it's really not all that accurate for the time period it's supposed to depict. Looks about nine or ten years too old. The roundness in the face and level of wrinkle detail would actually make that headsculpt a more accurate depiction of Phil Connors from Groundhog Day than Peter Venkman from Ghostbusters.

Although she has flaws she’s a great figure. I think the main problem is that many people actually find her outfit and look boring next to all their Ironmen, but that’s how she looked and that’s an expression quite in line with the movie. On display this IS Ripley.

These pictures are making me want to buy this figure. That's Weaver there -- but will HT make the "Aliens" version? I hope they use the proto head that they showed before this one.

By the way, did anyone display her in the pre-space suit scene?

i also see a replacement cat. though it looks like a baby tiger because of wide mouth zone and paws.

Does anyone have custom diorama layouts/plans for this figure? i have seen some great ones on google, but no one has part kayouts or store lists for parts.

I done a little work on Ripley...first off i put a few stitches through the bottom front of the shirt...under the crouch and through the bottom back of the shirt..this keeps the shirt in place and stops it from riding up and giving her the 'no neck' syndrome...
I also got a few ankle extenders...but they're a little loose fitting...so need a little filling (i used tiny pieces of plastic) to give them a snugger fit...
For me these mods definitely help give a better all over proportional look to the figure... View attachment 383441View attachment 383440View attachment 383442View attachment 383439

e8d5c6f535a3f40365e6906477c563ff.jpg

After one month boxed up , today I’ve unboxed her and what a nice surprise after all I read and saw in here.
She’s not half bad and the sculpt is not the blank stare many are talking about.
I does not photograph well for sure,but determination is there.
I used the ankles extenders from Kit and I now like very much my Sigourney!
Happy to have her in collection.
0a62d6239436dbd81032702c21db6ea7.jpg

The paint app is not ht best to date but it’s there too. In many pictures I saw it has been washed up.
ec753d19202d41c7293c3d4cab148e5f.jpg

Which ankle extenders is everyone talking about? I’ve only used the extended ankle ball joints on male figs. Are they different on females?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back