1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup this is exactly what I did. Used the same pend from Kit you did and also extended her neck which was bizarrely short. Pretty easy to do you just pull out her inner neck plug with plairs and put some white tack in the head and pop the plug back in and attach as usual.

I love that white astronaut there. Non movie figures are not something I usually buy due to having way too many figures to collect random stuff too but I'm tempted by that.

It's as though the suit was originally tailored for a taller body, but along the way a shorter body was used but kept the original suit scale.

I was wondering where to put her because she's just a one off figure, then I spotted the pilots.

The white pressure suit, and the brown one behind it, are S901Js which were in use from 1966. The yellow one is an S1034 dating from 1996 on.

I shifted them round from their original positions to have the white one next to Ripley.

all in all I'd give Ripley a 2.5/4

Most issues on a new figure since old Luke.

- Wrong body type
- way too short
- almost nonexistent paint detailing on the face sculpt
- really bad looking hair
- weak likeness in the sculpt
- metal badge just painted on
- ugly as hell looking cat sculpt. I've seen 2 dollar rubber cuts that look better
- way under-scaled cat
- tricky collar on the white shirt... it just won't sit well
- neck way way too short

She is a bit underwhelming. But then so have been about half of the recent HT I've received: Reyes Ghost Rider; Bernthal Punisher; Cox Daredevil; Imperial Gunner.

But the other half make up for it: Jyn Erso; K-2SO; Harley Quinn; Deadshot.

Most 3rd party and non-HT figures have a higher hit rate, and I find myself looking forward to them most.

Ripley's okay. The height was easily fixed. I don't mind the hair. I see the likeness. But overall, they half assed her. And quarter assed the cat.

27052771879_4df11c2dd9_o.jpg

Love those flight suits!

Good fix on Ripley. Absolutely needs to be done.

Yeah I;d totally agree with that assessment.

Harley and Jyn are incredible. I may be in the minority who thinks WW is also awesome. But Daredevil was a bug bummer. Punisher was neutral to me, better than Daredevil but still had a few major misses.

I'm not happy with my Ripley anymore face sculpt is boring and dull. She's on the chopping block for me. I think I might put her up for sale and use that money for Hoth Leia.

I'm not happy with my Ripley anymore face sculpt is boring and dull. She's on the chopping block for me. I think I might put her up for sale and use that money for Hoth Leia.

I don't collect Star Wars but that Hoth Leia has looked fantastic from day one. I was actually shocked. I assumed they'd **** up her likeness.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me??? What the hell is this giraffe neck??? :lol

The problem with Ripley's neck is the SHIRT COLLAR!!!

This is definitely a figure you only need if you want Ripley from the original movie represented on your shelf.

For me, I definitely want her, flaws and all. A little more effort on HT's part would have been welcome but I'm happy that they made her at all.

I feel like a bait and switch was made by HT. I fell in love with the SDCC rooted hair Ripley. It was then that the idea of Ripley in my collection was conceived. I know this is not the same figure and maybe I thought "that initial" feeling would be with what we received but it's not. I really don't like this Ripley. There is no "life or realism" in her face. If anything her in my display turns me off from the rest of my collection. It really is disappointing for HT to have released this. I will sell it once production Hoth Leia images start to appear.
Images

Not trying to knock your figures or anything, but this picture of ripley is really off putting. The head doesnt match the skin of the body at all. its really off putting

That's something the camera does. I can't see any real difference looking at her.

Hey Kuat, which SR flight suit do you think is the best out of the white, brown or yellow? Any real difference besides color preference?

The brown and white are identical. The yellow is a different, later design.

I think the white stands out most.

Here's mine with the leg lengthening and neck lengthening. Definitely makes a huge difference in achieving her long frame. Flawed, sure, but overall still a great figure

044khmy.jpg

Here's mine with the leg lengthening and neck lengthening. Definitely makes a huge difference in achieving her long frame. Flawed, sure, but overall still a great figure

044khmy.jpg

That makes such a difference! Nice work! I'm going to have to follow suit.

Back