1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say after all these pics, I like her. I don't like her enough to buy her at the moment at regular price or anything, butmaybe in a couple weeks/months after I clear up my current back-log I'd pounce for the right deal. Looks better in some pics than others, but she ain't half bad.

Gotta say after all these pics, I like her. I don't like her enough to buy her at the moment at regular price or anything, butmaybe in a couple weeks/months after I clear up my current back-log I'd pounce for the right deal. Looks better in some pics than others, but she ain't half bad.

My advice to you is wait for a GOOD deal!! She's not that great to be sold out anywhere any time soon. Don't feel rushed or pressured!!

Alien is one of my all-time top 10 favorite films. But this figure is just underwhelming. I may be in the minority, but my primary influence for deciding to pick up a figure is whether it wows me with its realism. Still has to be from a movie/franchise I enjoy and a character I really like, but I just won’t buy a mediocre or even average figure of a character I LOVE simply because it got made. In fact, looking at an underwhelming figure of a character I love is more sad to me than anything.

But if it goes on sale for like $150 somewhere then I will still buy it, lol.

Oh and that white flight suit figure looks awesome. I need to start researching those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still own every alien related figure made by HT.
However, I had to pass on this one and the A2 Warrior as well.

Seeing how much effort is being put into likenesses and accuracy of other lines (Disney), I cannot bring myself to accept a "meh" attempt.

I do like the tailoring and accessories, but I know that overall HT could have done better.

Yes finally, people speaking up about what a lazy and mediocre effort this really was from hot toys. It’s a 3/5 at best figure. It passes... hot toys can’t put out a figure that utterly fails (last one I can recall was Indiana Jones) but it’s aboit as close to a fail as you can get. I was surprised even to see Michael Crawford rate it so high. He did highlight all the known issues but I’d go so far to call the figure “bad”. Last one I said that about was Jedi Luke.

Yes finally, people speaking up about what a lazy and mediocre effort this really was from hot toys. It’s a 3/5 at best figure. It passes... hot toys can’t put out a figure that utterly fails (last one I can recall was Indiana Jones) but it’s aboit as close to a fail as you can get. I was surprised even to see Michael Crawford rate it so high. He did highlight all the known issues but I’d go so far to call the figure “bad”. Last one I said that about was Jedi Luke.

They're on their way to re-branding themselves 'Tepid Toys'.

Or if they want to jump on the Star Wars Sequels hype wagon, 'Lukewarm Toys'.

I still own every alien related figure made by HT.
However, I had to pass on this one and the A2 Warrior as well.

Seeing how much effort is being put into likenesses and accuracy of other lines (Disney), I cannot bring myself to accept a "meh" attempt.

I do like the tailoring and accessories, but I know that overall HT could have done better.

I just can't stand how "Meh" Ripley's facial sculpt/paint is compared to the rest of my display. Neck down fantastic. Accessories Fantastic. But Hot Toys truly dropped the ball on facial sculpt. I have had many figures that I sold due to representation in my collection (i.e. sold Berserker to purchase Scar 2.0, or sold SS Jedi Luke to purchase DX Bespin Luke) but I have NEVER had a figure I regret purchasing (especially for the $305 CAN price), Ripley is the first ever 1/6 figure I regret purchasing........thank you Hot Toys for such a "poor" looking product. I will be selling this very soon.

Here's my BW Peter with my Mattel Ripley...... IMG_1858.jpg

got mine today.
absolutely cannot understand how people can whine about this figure so persistently and pathetically in a world where MMS238 exists.
now i can finally replay alien:isolation.
though i probably won't because it's too ucking scary.

got mine today.
absolutely cannot understand how people can whine about this figure so persistently and pathetically in a world where MMS238 exists.
now i can finally replay alien:isolation.
though i probably won't because it's too ucking scary.

Give it a month or two and you'll understand.....

Give it a month or two and you'll understand.....
i don't think a month or two would help, as it's not the case.
some people say that terribly inaccurate and ugly figures are great, like said MMS238, or upcoming Wolf, or Star Ace Underworld figures.
at the same time some people repeatedly cry and cry about this more than ok figure.
i just hope those are different people.

Even with the acknowledged issues brought up, I still think she looks fantastic on display, especially next to my Big Chap.

Both may not be the epitome of their character's rendition but they sure do look great together.

She's not as photogenic as other figures, when trying to capture on camera what your eyes are seeing.

For some reason the focal point on everyone’s camera seems to pull out her nose giving the sculpt a very narrow appearance. Very strange. She looks great in hand, and for people who collect Alien props and memorabilia she is a great representation of the character. People who collect every figure under the sun, sure she would pale in comparison to all those silly outfits on comic book characters.

Could someone recommend me a good display stand for Ripley (preferably on eBay) ?

Hmmm.... either wait for a new HT Big Chap or buy his backdrop? I got Big Chap since release so it's easy BTW. Otherwise you need third-party diorama. A workshop or engine room type would be great I think.

Easily one of my favorite Hot Toys figures I own this year!! I'm so happy I picked her up, and I was also shocked how detailed her jumpsuit was! Video and photo does not do this figure any justice and I agree with op that it looks so much better in hand.

Check out my review on her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJYSWbvhCJE

Back