1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think people are far too hard on the ANH Chewie
IMG_1638.JPG

The body is fine but the head... looks like a coconut. I have the ANH version. Personally, I feel it needs an upgrade.

If nothing else, get the head when its up at Toy Anx.

I know most of you will. :D

We'll definitely see a new ANH Chewie when they get around to announcing 2.0s of ANH Han, Leia, and Luke for ANH's 50th anniversary. They all desperately need new versions.

I know you’re probably all sick of seeing this photo, but whenever someone sites TFA Chewie as being awful, I’m compelled to show that although the stock figure’s head came with some obvious defects, modification of that terrible lip area completely transforms the piece because the rest of him was beautifully done!

This is my favorite Chewie, including this new (weird looking one to my eye) teased version. Maybe we can modify him a bit too.

View attachment 716026
Yes with a little work you can still get him to look pretty hot...For a Wookie that is😊

DSC_0258.JPG

Hot toys needs to make that bespin escape leia. It has been years since we had a new leia. Might as well make bespin escape leia, bespin han, Chewbacca with the backpack, and lobot for good measure.
Ok, the edibles kicked in so keep me off of sideshow.

Hot toys needs to make that bespin escape leia. It has been years since we had a new leia. Might as well make bespin escape leia, bespin han, Chewbacca with the backpack, and lobot for good measure.
Ok, the edibles kicked in so keep me off of sideshow.
Yes I would like to see the Bespin escape Leia released. Should be such a simple figure for Hot Toys to do, so where is it?!

The eyes are mis-aligned which means they’re definitely movable. Maybe not perfect but hands-down their best Chewie by far.

Love the blue in the eyes in this pic!!
Out of ALL the reveals,the Wookiee always comes first.
GG and and BD Vader close 3rd.

Sure there are always nits to pick, but if the production piece matches this prototype ...

Howard: "Well that's the real trick, isn't it? And it's gonna cost you extra. Ten thousand, all in advance."

Customizer: "[shocked] Ten thousand!? We could almost build our own figure for that!"

Howard: "But who's gonna mod it, kid? You?"

But seriously, if they match the proto it should be an excellent figure, just needs obsessive and nerdy futzing.

Back