1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....I'm happy with my ANH, but not sure how I feel with this new one...should I get it? Somebody help!
20211022_092650.jpg

Where are you located? I'm always curious to confirm that this happens faster in more humid climates.
I am in England, I bought him second hand so do not know how well it was looked after before I had it. I am generally not a huge fan of pleather, they should use something better. I have had the odd boot and also Han Solo (Ep4) trouser belt disintegrate. The Han belt seems especially vulnerable.

I recommend Off the racks ( no tax and free shipping). I've heard CC's owner talk on stream and it sounds like he hates this job and the customers are a huge inconvenience to him. I bought one figure and had a shipping issue and whoever was behind the email made me feel like the a**hole
That's unfortunate about Comic Concepts, though folks on reddit seem to give them high marks. They're also sponsors of the site and a few times I've had questions, they were pretty quick to respond and didn't seem to be bothered by the questions. Admittedly, I've never ordered from them, though.

I've never heard of "Off the racks" 🤔 A quick search and all appears fine based on their website. Though, looks like they charge to double box items apparently.

That's unfortunate about Comic Concepts, though folks on reddit seem to give them high marks. They're also sponsors of the site and a few times I've had questions, they were pretty quick to respond and didn't seem to be bothered by the questions. Admittedly, I've never ordered from them, though.

I've never heard of "Off the racks" 🤔 A quick search and all appears fine based on their website. Though, looks like they charge to double box items apparently.
I would say any time I've heard him on live streams, I've taken it as his joking personality and an act of some sorts. As he has mentioned, his first job is an anesthesiologist and he runs Comic Concepts as a hobby. He doesn't need that job, so if he hated it I would assume he wouldn't do it.

I guess everyone takes things differently. I've never personally purchased from there either, but like you have read and heard good things.

I just ordered a batmobile from comic concepts. Had never heard of before. Took them a while to ship something. Had to email and they were like oops, we must have missed it. They were pleasant, though.

This is a first… “you said you’d buy it, member?!”

View attachment 724206

Hey Sideshow,

Remember how, not that long ago, you were generous with reward points (& they didn't expire), provided coupon codes that could be used on pre-orders, double boxed for free, didn't charge out-of-state customers sales tax and your shipping charges weren't exorbitant? Well, it's a free market, so if you want to avoid losing more business you should probably reassess all of these changes that have made your prices uncompetitive.

Remember, you don't need to fix all of your mistakes now! But a few positive steps ASAP could go a long way towards reacquiring some customer loyalty.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Back