1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Spider-Man (Symbiote Suit) Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pro and con unfornately. I think the way they did the "classic" symbiote suit in SM2 works better as a 1/6 figure. However, the only way to achieve that look is to go with the more restricting rubbery-like material they used on the other one, which sucks.

jLpF3cX.png

This one is full fabric, which is awesome for a Spider-Man figure but it leans it towards looking cheap. Pick your poison. I think a regular classic red/blue Spider-Man figure will work better with a full fabric suit like this. The separation in color and webbing line detail running throughout the suit will help.

I think part of the problem people may be having is that this suit is just pretty basic. To me that’s why I like it. It’s really nothing fancy though and to me the figure gets the look of the character/suit down pretty well. A bit more bulk would be nice but it’s not a dealbreaker.

Feels like this should be cheaper than Wolverine, not more expensive. It’s about as basic as an outfit gets and no complex flesh painting. Only the hands and eyes are really painted here. Everything else is fabric or molded in-color.
Agreed. Wolverine has the unique body, silicone arms, swap out mouth pieces with multiple parts that make up his outfit. Magneto, while also more expensive than Wolverine and the same price as this Spidey, still has a more involved outfit than this Symbiote Spiderman. This is a essentially a black onesy with a screen printed all white symbol. I'm not seeing the worth in the higher price here unless they took a loss on Wolverine and Magneto to try to hook ppl and these will slowly creep up in price getting closer to MMS prices with each subsequent release.
Not sure why some fans think the symbiote suit should look wet. :dunno

Never in the comics till much much later did it ever give the appearance of a wet material. I was an avid comic reader from the early 80's till like 2000. No thank you. One of the reasons I hate the look of Venom in the Hardy movies and that black costume video game suit.
I wouldn't say never. I mean, with the blue "shading" it always gave a wet or shine look to me in the comics along with the way the animation was done in the Animated series. It's always comes off as this gooey type substance to me

Last edited:
I don’t know if ‘wet’ is the right word, but it certainly indicated a certain sheen to it at least. It was alien afterall! Matte spandex just feels cheap and off for this particular outfit. I suppose you could argue the same with Batman’s blue shading but that always felt more of a way to define his features in a predominantly dark environment.

Anyone that had the medicom symbiote should appreciate this one. It was so poseable and looked great (although more muscular and the body was fragile) This should be a ton of fun, and when they make symbiote Spider-Mans finally you buy them in my book.

I think Mondo is doing the animated series if I’m not mistaken! I’m just glad no more worries about posing FINALLY!

This looks like a fun figure to play with, so guess that could be a draw. With the constant posing I could see the print peeling fairly quickly. The price increase from Wolverine isn't encouraging. This could easily go from "budget-friendly" to the current market price in 2/3 more figures. This being compared to Medicom or Mezco isn't a compliment. Those two figures aren't very good. This is better but not leaps and bounds better.

HT/Hono needs to come up with another material for these.Scale this one up and it looks like a dude running around in a black body stocking. Similarly, a plastic Venom symbiote with exposed seams and visible ball socket joints, while better, is at the other end of the spectrum. For what these figures are costing, executions need to be stepped up.

HT/Hono needs to come up with another material for these.Scale this one up and it looks like a dude running around in a black body stocking. Similarly, a plastic Venom symbiote with exposed seams and visible ball socket joints, while better, is at the other end of the spectrum. For what these figures are costing, executions need to be stepped up.
Maybe just a different material. What they’re using here almost looks like fuzzy felt in some lighting.

Perhaps something black but with a silky, reflective sheen might work better.

I'll be getting this just to support the line and hope they make the classic red and blue that will finally be better then what HT did with theirs.

This figure is overwhelmingly okay to me. But it is my favorite Spiderman iteration. Still having the game version on PO, I’m torn between the 2, I prefer the game version I think but have never even played the game. The price point is also a huge selling point. As someone who doesn’t really collect marvel, the less I spend on it the better. I’ll think on it for a few days.

I kid you not I genuinely think anyone with even a passing skill with a sewing machine could replicate this.
Looks dirt cheap, like a bargain bin kid's toy.
Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

Last edited:
Back