1/6 Hot Toys - MMS688D53 - The Avengers - Iron Man Mark VI (2.0) with Suit-Up Gantry Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to be my go to place, but he's raised his pricing a significant amount recently. And actually encountered a few problems with them. Shame..
Oh man, I was about to buy something from him soon too. What issues have you had pop up? Maybe I'll find a different retailer...

People will not be prepared for how large this set is 🤣
Well I ordered it as an upgrade to the Tys Toys version that I've had for the last 5-6 years, so I think I'm prepared. Of course if the dimensions in that video are correct this will be @2" taller, 3/4" wider & 3/8" deeper than that one but not too crazy a difference lol...

I'm glad I had a ton of rewards back when I pre-ordered. As I recall between rewards and a $20 Thank You code I knocked @$180-$200 off the price. Makes the final installment less painful...

Well I ordered it as an upgrade to the Tys Toys version that I've had for the last 5-6 years, so I think I'm prepared. Of course if the dimensions in that video are correct this will be @2" taller, 3/4" wider & 3/8" deeper than that one but not too crazy a difference lol...

I'm glad I had a ton of rewards back when I pre-ordered. As I recall between rewards and a $20 Thank You code I knocked @$180-$200 off the price. Makes the final installment less painful...
Sounds like you’ve got a spot for it already - it’s going to be a great centerpiece!

Oh man, I was about to buy something from him soon too. What issues have you had pop up? Maybe I'll find a different retailer...
I've received damaged items with no exchange, and figures I was assured were factory sealed that were open (not by customs).

Their customer service isn't up to par like it used to be. The increasing instances where I've had issues and the increased pricing have made me turn elsewhere.

They used to be very reliable. I had done a lot of business with them before.

The measurements provided by Hot Toys are very different from the measurements taken for that video, obviously someone didn't measure it properly. I reckon HT is wrong because there's no way its only 13 inches wide.

If the video measurements are accurate it won't even fit in a sixth55 moducase which is a bit annoying since I preordered based on HT measurements.

449343419_498504699200159_5537514478064076797_n.jpg

I don't have the space for it. I want it though.

My current thought process.

I got the deluxe cause it felt more upgraded with the undersuit parts, I can imagine they'll soon redo the mk 4 gantry with the new under parts too, gotta maximize that new tooling

I do wish they redid the back plate cause it seems dumbe to have the faux panel being removed but knowing it's all intact...

Would have been a good chance to do the avengers stark with mk 6 leg pieces as well, for that last bit of transformation

Looks incredible on a podium-like base like that. I didn't know the sides had blue LEDs as well. Feels like a statue piece.

When fully suited up Is the stock figure exactly the same as the previous mark 6 or were there changes? It looks exaclty the same to me. Thanks!
It's the same but what looks to be a more matte finish.

Back