1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just carefully pulled the waistband out and fold it so its not touching. The glue was not that strong. I didn't even need to take the body apart.

The glue on mine was pretty tough so I just warmed it up with a hair dryer for 30 seconds and it came off easy afterward.

bit of a long shot ,but could anyone post a picture of the hulk head in size comparison to a dc direct 13 inch figure ,ideally the hulk head on the dc body ,no im not nuts lol ,i just wondered if i could kit bash a hulk with the knock off hulk head ,and this would give me a idea how much id need to bulk up the body ,thanks if you can help

bit of a long shot ,but could anyone post a picture of the hulk head in size comparison to a dc direct 13 inch figure ,ideally the hulk head on the dc body ,no im not nuts lol ,i just wondered if i could kit bash a hulk with the knock off hulk head ,and this would give me a idea how much id need to bulk up the body ,thanks if you can help

Very intriguing. Though I have no pics the difference in size between the typical DC Direct head, like Superman or Aquaman, and Hulk's head is greater than the difference in size between the same DC Direct head and say a Hot Toys Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark head. But, if you are looking to bulk up the body of the DC Direct figure it may even out but I am very interested in what you are trying to do.

From the mid-60's to the mid-90's the Hulk, according to Marvel, was right around 7 feet in height. Not extremely super-human but when guys like Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Andre the Giant were viewed as like the tallest people in the world a 7 foot Hulk was quite incredible. If you view a 12" action figure as being the 1/6 scale of a 6 foot tall person then the DC Direct figures were more a true representation of the classic Hulk. Especially if you consider how much bigger they look compared to other "1/6" scale figures.

Removed my Hulk's spandex earlier. Had a hard time removing one of the 4 glue points but overall it was an easy task.

11129702386_886080d281_z.jpg

Very intriguing. Though I have no pics the difference in size between the typical DC Direct head, like Superman or Aquaman, and Hulk's head is greater than the difference in size between the same DC Direct head and say a Hot Toys Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark head. But, if you are looking to bulk up the body of the DC Direct figure it may even out but I am very interested in what you are trying to do.

From the mid-60's to the mid-90's the Hulk, according to Marvel, was right around 7 feet in height. Not extremely super-human but when guys like Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Andre the Giant were viewed as like the tallest people in the world a 7 foot Hulk was quite incredible. If you view a 12" action figure as being the 1/6 scale of a 6 foot tall person then the DC Direct figures were more a true representation of the classic Hulk. Especially if you consider how much bigger they look compared to other "1/6" scale figures.

Hey you get it lol ,i love the avengers hulk in the movie and the hot toys rendition ,but if im honest he seems a touch too big to me ,now this may be my poverty speaking lol ,to stop me feeling bad at not being able to afford him lol ,but when i saw the knock off heads i thought it was a idea worth considering ,not sure how to go about it yet lol ,but im thinking a mix of bulking up the body and trying to retain what i can of the articulation ,maybe cover it with a air brushed skin tight body suit ,transplanting feet ,hands ect from some large sized existing hulk figure on to the dc body ,not sure ill get round to doing it ,but it will give me something to think about ,thanks for your input cheers chris

Hey you get it lol ,i love the avengers hulk in the movie and the hot toys rendition ,but if im honest he seems a touch too big to me ,now this may be my poverty speaking lol ,to stop me feeling bad at not being able to afford him lol ,but when i saw the knock off heads i thought it was a idea worth considering ,not sure how to go about it yet lol ,but im thinking a mix of bulking up the body and trying to retain what i can of the articulation ,maybe cover it with a air brushed skin tight body suit ,transplanting feet ,hands ect from some large sized existing hulk figure on to the dc body ,not sure ill get round to doing it ,but it will give me something to think about ,thanks for your input cheers chris

Necessity is the Mother of Invention and there are many a fan, including myself, who would love to see a 7' tall Hulk in 1/6 scale. The Lou Ferrigno Hulk was supposed to be that tall. There was an episode of the classic series were Lou played himself as a bodybuilder and Hulk and when they met face-to-face, thanks to camera angles, Hulk was a good 7 feet tall next to a 6'5" Ferrigno. I think since he was a little more "classic comic accurate," at least in size, that is one of the reasons why so many people want Hot Toys to make a Lou version of the Hulk.

Avengers Hulk is comic accurate for today's Hulk but, and I am in no way complaining about how they did the character, he was not quite in scale with the rest of the characters. What I mean is that Thor is 6'7", Cap is 6'3" and Iron Man is 6'5" in the comics yet Hemsworth is 6'3", Evans is 6'1" and the in suit RDJ is 6'2". Now I completely understand that this all takes place in the real world and not in the imagination of Stan Lee with real people playing the roles of gods, super soldiers and men in power suits so some things were sacrificed for story and it all worked out great. Now with these characters all being "real world" size I think the Hulk would make sense being say around 7' to 7'2" so he might fit in the real world size of the rest of the actors. Someone like Conan Stevens would be perfect for a real world Hulk.

For me the 2 most memorable all CG characters on screen in 2012 were Hulk from Avengers and Azog from Hobbit. Azog was 7 feet tall and as menacing and big as you could get but that's because Manu Bennett is an incredibly gifted physical actor.

Well those are my views on the Avengers Hulk, but in your task have you thought about possibly using parts from the Toy Biz 13" Hulk from 2002? They made 3 of them and can be obtained for around 20 to 30 bucks on Ebay. I had them in the past but have since gotten rid of them because they were roto-cast and not that poseable but for your purposes they might just fit the bill.

Good luck.

Hey man! did you get the HULK??? where is it, what did you do with it???

Well... the VERY FIRST THING I did was go home and take off his underwear.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Betcha never thought that would happen. Dammit I waited too long/didn't know so I did get a belly stain.

* Do we need clipperking to go off on Hot toys and make sure the combo Banner/Hulk set has no dirty gonch syndrome?

is there a way now to remove the belly stain? I have a little bit, nothing too alarming, just the OCD in me.

I have a black streak too! What's the best way to take this off without rubbing the green paint off with it?

I wonder if placing a nice white cloth in that spot for a long period of time, if the white cloth would take back some of the black...

Just to re-post what I said earlier

* what a waste of black shorts / expensive black die
* no base, accessories
* f word

I believe none at the moment. Best way is to probably cover it with paint. :dunno

I read that people were using benzoyl peroxide (zit cream) to remove black stains on Bane figures. Apparently it works. Haven't tried it myself so I can't vouch for it's validity.

Back