1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's because Anakin reverted to his form before he murdered all those Jedi children. Best explanation I can think of lol

Ive always thought that as being the best explanation, kind of like a reset to factory Jedi settings (they did the same in Doctor Who with an aged Matt Smith becoming young again before regenerating into Peter Capaldi)

Fett dying "accidentally," triggered by someone who couldn't even see, was a bit cruel on fans, especially given LFL had purposely built Fett up in the couple years before that.

You can see in Fett's glance at R2 (as R2 heads to top deck with Luke's saber) and storyboards of the Luke/Fett battle with Fett's severed hand that they had planned a more significant end sequence for Fett but I guess it all got cut out.

I have heard of that but have never seen the story boards, will have to try and hunt them out!

Love those victorious Fett pictures, only problem is if we assume he fixed his booster pack this gun had still been chopped in half by Luke on the Skiff.

I have heard of that but have never seen the story boards, will have to try and hunt them out!

Here they are:

rotj-storyboard-draft-page-21.jpg

rotj-storyboard-draft-page-24.jpg

rotj-storyboard-draft-page-26.jpg

rotj-storyboard-draft-page-29.jpg

star-wars-storyboards-2014-sample-2.jpg

A Luke vs Fett fight would have been awesome! I dont really mind that he was rösten by the sarlacc, just how he ended up there.

Not really, would've been over just as quick as Mace vs Jango.

A one-handed Fett, with no backpack, still coming back for more against a Jedi would have been a badass moment though.

And the lead-up - where Fett begins to figure out Luke's plan before it happens, would have been a "clever badass" moment. Those two things would have made for a fitting end.

Mace vs. Jango is mostly Jango vs. rhinocerous.

I had never seen those storyboards before! Awesome! Looks like it could have been a more dignified end to Fett.

Okay fine that a damaged jetpack shot him into the Sarlaac pit, but did you really have to show him waving his arms and legs around like an idiot?

I had never seen those storyboards before! Awesome! Looks like it could have been a more dignified end to Fett.

Okay fine that a damaged jetpack shot him into the Sarlaac pit, but did you really have to show him waving his arms and legs around like an idiot?

It were the 1980s, right?

Killing off Fett was one of Lucas' biggest mistakes (among a myriad of others) and he even admitted he shouldn't have killed him off when he realized he was so popular. What he SHOULD have done was add in the shot of him escaping the Sarlaac like in the comics when he decided to change stuff in that abominable Special Ed. I'm sure the fans would have been more excited to see Fett live than Hayden as ghost Anakin.

But I'm sure JJ will ignore all of that with TFA and Fett will come back like nothing ever happened. Di$ney needs him to sell more Fett figures.

That's what I heard or read somewhere. Before Ani was official a Jedi & pre-Jedi killer.

That is BS. He was redeemed right at that end. "Tell your sister, you were riiiggghhtt". He came full circle and died with an act of redemption slaying the last known Sith, hence in the original version he was a force ghost at all (and in his Jedi robes too). If beings of light we are, how come we have clothes on when we are ghosts?

That is BS. He was redeemed right at that end. "Tell your sister, you were riiiggghhtt". He came full circle and died with an act of redemption slaying the last known Sith, hence in the original version he was a force ghost at all (and in his Jedi robes too). If beings of light we are, how come we have clothes on when we are ghosts?
Agreed. They should have all been nude force ghosts.

Back