1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM sent. :)

Regarding the sugar skull, PM me with what you want and I can make it happen.

Thanks very much, the sugar skull looks like this minus the knives

ExpendablesDartboardSugarSkull.jpg

:lol I knew you would be happy with that news. Sounds like he can do the sugar skull too. Congrats :)

This is perfect, I was going to give it a try free hand but this works out way better:hi5:

To all those who made the casual expendables, did you go for an after market body for Stallone or the hot toys version. Asking as its expensive now and would rather get a generic body for half price. Love the gunner casuals with new head. Manage to get a ken Hawaii shirt for Trentch but using the old t2 head but like the Wolfgang head better from what I have seen but still not brilliant. No old Arni heads at the mo hope that changes. Enough Statham heads right now.

To all those who made the casual expendables, did you go for an after market body for Stallone or the hot toys version. Asking as its expensive now and would rather get a generic body for half price. Love the gunner casuals with new head. Manage to get a ken Hawaii shirt for Trentch but using the old t2 head but like the Wolfgang head better from what I have seen but still not brilliant. No old Arni heads at the mo hope that changes. Enough Statham heads right now.

For Barney I used the original Hot Toys body, for gunner the KP03, for Crews KP02, for statham a TTM19, but the Knock-offs would work fine too.

As for Trench, I'm using the wolfking head Like DA, not a perfect head for sure, but the best for Trench ATM.

HT Sly body all the way! There is no substitute :lol Also, I used a HT The Wolverine body for Statham & Arnie, and the KP03 for Lundgren. Skin tones match up almost perfectly with the sculpts too :wink1:

Always loved your Expendables setup!
You must have a quite a few of them now don't you? :D

Thanks Rock :hi5: The Expendables collection is looking pretty good with the latest additions. I have some ideas for a few more figures, but it won't be for awhile. Running out of space for them at the moment :lol

Hey DA, you think HT will make Expendables 3 Barney? I like his look without the 'stache.

Would love to see it, but I don't think it's gonna happen. HT had the opportunity to make some great figures with the E1 & E2 license rights and didn't do it. Ross 2 is still available everywhere for below retail now :slap Both Ross figures are well done, but the majority doesn't want a third on the shelf. I do though :lol I want this look right here with the cigar :panic:

The_Expendables_3_Barney_Ross_poster.jpg

Would love to see it, but I don't think it's gonna happen. HT had the opportunity to make some great figures with the E1 & E2 license rights and didn't do it. Ross 2 is still available everywhere for below retail now :slap Both Ross figures are well done, but the majority doesn't want a third on the shelf. I do though :lol I want this look right here with the cigar :panic:

My thoughts exactly! When I saw that I was like wow this version I'll get for sure. And a Jet Li version which will never be made.

Yeah, it's too bad we won't see them. I'm just glad I took matters into my own hands and started bashing custom team members when the parts were available. Head Play, Kaustic Plastik, and Art Figures came to the rescue with decent head sculpts in the last couple of years :yess: Having a team is so much better than a couple of lonely Slys :lol

I think if the 'no stache' look carries through to the majority of the movie, and there is another unique 'plain clothes' look,
its almost guaranteed Hot Toys will do a 3rd figure.

I had to sold my Ex2 so Im pre ordering in a second if the a 3rd one comes around. I miss my 2.0 I never displayed him, Hell i didnt got to put the vest on him.

I don't even have any 1/6 figures anymore so not sure what came over me ........but I just decided to pick one of these up new for $200 shipped (in Australia that is dirt cheap....)

Looking at that Expendables 3 pic, that t-shirt is above the elbows, hence joints are going show and we can't have that. But it got me looking at the Expendables 2 figure again.

Maybe because its 18 months later but it suddenly seems like an incredible deal (at least the price I paid) ...especially compared to prices now starting to be $220+ before shipping. (generally $270+ total to Oz)

Two full unique outfits (something Hot Toys now seems to be happy to make you pay twice for) and a ton of accessories seems great as well.
Even the sculpt, which I hated to start with, has grown on me....its still an odd expression, but it IS an expression, which I prefer to the lifeless mannequin look.

Can't wait till it arrives!

Edit: ....and found what appears to be the last Expendables1 sculpt cheap ($50 delivered) ....so screw it, why not!.
2 outfit choices and 2 sculpt choices sound pretty good !

Congrats man. This figure is a great pickup right now & you get a lot of bang for your buck. I agree that the sculpt isn't a home run, but it gets the job done :wink1:

thanks man!
I'll have the 1st and 2nd sculpt to alternate between .....I may just buy the 3rd sculpt loose on its own to complete my Sly should they release an E3 figures.... :)

thanks man!
I'll have the 1st and 2nd sculpt to alternate between .....I may just buy the 3rd sculpt loose on its own to complete my Sly should they release an E3 figures.... :)

Yeah buddy, that first Ross sculpt is my favorite of the two. The detail and paint isn't as good, but it looks more like Sly to me. It should make a nice display man and looking forward to seeing a pic when you get them.

Back