1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try my best to break this one down for you. Some of the parts I already had in my parts bin from years of collecting, so it's hard to remember who made them.

Kaustic Plastik- Gladiator HS
ACI- Bruce body
ToysCity- BDUs
DamToys- Black Hawk Down Sniper body armor vest
HT- Ross 1 night vision goggles
21st Century- mini shotgun
Dragon- knee & elbow pads
BBI- belt, gun, holster, rifle, & ammo pouches.
Black fingerless gloves that slide over the hands from EBAY
BBI or Dragon- boots
I don't remeber who made the boonie hat. I had it for a long time on a night ops bash from about 10 years ago.

You could give him a black cap if you don't find a boonie cause he wears one in E2 :wink1:

Here is a link for one that looks about right if your interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/as0109-1-6...0533?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c8763b8b5

Thanks, man! That does help.

If you want to try for a more accurate sculpt, I just picked up one of these Randy Couture figures. The head is a pretty good likeness, and the size is actually really good for 1/6. It was finding this sculpt that really prompted me to finally do this figure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-5-UFC-Ultimate-Collector-Series-2-Action-Figure-Randy-Couture-/281387073014?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4183f9fdf6

Thanks, man! That does help.

If you want to try for a more accurate sculpt, I just picked up one of these Randy Couture figures. The head is a pretty good likeness, and the size is actually really good for 1/6. It was finding this sculpt that really prompted me to finally do this figure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-5-UFC-Ultimate-Collector-Series-2-Action-Figure-Randy-Couture-/281387073014?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4183f9fdf6

Glad to help. I'm actually pretty happy with the current hs, but thanks for the link :)

I wonder if Hot Toys will do another Barney Ross from The Expendables 3 or not since the last version is still sitting in stock.

Finally got him dressed and on the shelf. Traumatic experience ....1/6 figure dressing should not make you sweat. It's like trying to defuse a bomb with tweasers :)
Looks badass on the shelf with tactical gear.

Cause I've.got the second head coming anyway, am considering buying a 2nd body to dress casual and just display both!

Dumb question of the day .... How do I get the gun belt and thigh straps off. Everything seems to tight I can't figure out where the openings are.

Finally got him dressed and on the shelf. Traumatic experience ....1/6 figure dressing should not make you sweat. It's like trying to defuse a bomb with tweasers :)
Looks badass on the shelf with tactical gear.

Cause I've.got the second head coming anyway, am considering buying a 2nd body to dress casual and just display both!

Dumb question of the day .... How do I get the gun belt and thigh straps off. Everything seems to tight I can't figure out where the openings are.

You would hate Soldier Story & DamToys military figures :lol Those are tough compared to this one. I think the 1st Ross is right up there with the pain in the azz figures to dress cause of the tight shirt & vest, but this one was way easier for me. I'm glad HT gave this one a working zipper on the version 2 vest, making it real easy to put on. As far as the gun belt goes, the buckle just clips on. The leg straps are held in place with a tab in a hole, so no loosening required :wink1: Here are a couple of pics to show you :)

DSC_0809_11895cc_zpsdcbf6cf4.jpg

mPTe1J_qxldeOXOVRkquqAw.jpg

683452289_tp.jpg

683452410_tp.jpg

Just saw your reply, sorry. Thanks for the info, much appreciated !

Just bought a Hot Toys sly body including the neck/ankle/wrist pegs and fists (and the Ex2 Ross stand) for $100 delivered. Not too bad. Figured at this point (with my HT Ex1 head already bought) I may as well just go all out and build a whole 2nd figure with the casual clothes look.

Just saw your reply, sorry. Thanks for the info, much appreciated !

Just bought a Hot Toys sly body including the neck/ankle/wrist pegs and fists (and the Ex2 Ross stand) for $100 delivered. Not too bad. Figured at this point (with my HT Ex1 head already bought) I may as well just go all out and build a whole 2nd figure with the casual clothes look.

Your welcome and good call building the 2nd figure. Put everything to use. You might want to pickup an extra handgun, or two for the casual figure :wink1:

Watched Expendables 3. Enjoyed it. Not purposely silly like the 2nd, more like the first.
Extremely strange was all the one liners of the trailers don't appear in the movie!?

Hot Toys might want to get an easy 3rd figure out I guess (chance to reuse that sweet Sly Expendable body again) and they could do a new head sculpt again with no facial hair ... But there isn't a good alternate costume that he spends any real time in. He actually changes multiple times but none you could say are 'the look of E3'

Then again I'm surprised E1 or E2 both got great detailed figures with more effort put in than many more popular licenses ....so who knows, maybe someone at Hot Toys just loves Barney Ross that much :D

If you guys were doing the casual Barney what body would you use other then the HOT TOYS one please?
I would try the ACI Bruce

aci-bruce.jpg

Watched Expendables 3. Enjoyed it. Not purposely silly like the 2nd, more like the first.
Extremely strange was all the one liners of the trailers don't appear in the movie!?

Hot Toys might want to get an easy 3rd figure out I guess (chance to reuse that sweet Sly Expendable body again) and they could do a new head sculpt again with no facial hair ... But there isn't a good alternate costume that he spends any real time in. He actually changes multiple times but none you could say are 'the look of E3'

Then again I'm surprised E1 or E2 both got great detailed figures with more effort put in than many more popular licenses ....so who knows, maybe someone at Hot Toys just loves Barney Ross that much :D

Comes out August 15 in the states and really looking forward to it. I don't know if HT will make version 3 with Ross 2 still warming the shelves though. I would love to see it, but it's not looking good, especially if they can't include an alternate outfit.

I would try the ACI Bruce

aci-bruce.jpg

Comes out August 15 in the states and really looking forward to it. I don't know if HT will make version 3 with Ross 2 still warming the shelves though. I would love to see it, but it's not looking good, especially if they can't include an alternate outfit.

Movie's pretty good. Not the best one but had a few laughs. You will like Banderas. I want a figure of him now.

I also watched E3 the other night and enjoyed it more than I was expecting. I honestly wouldn't mind getting a 3rd BR figure from this new movie.

Was there any announcement of a non licensed company making other characters?

My 2nd Barney body and stand arrived.
Got the 2nd outfit on him ...don't need extra accessories. The tactical gear I have him holding his twin automatics, casual gear the cigar and closed fist, holding up his expandables ring!
Now I just need the E1 Barney head to arrive! :)

I had to sell my 2.0 Barney and I miss him. it was brand new :(. i really hope we get a 3.0 BR if not I might trade my MOS superman for it.

I had to sell my 2.0 Barney and I miss him. it was brand new :(. i really hope we get a 3.0 BR if not I might trade my MOS superman for it.

Per my messages ....still easily available. I picked one up just a couple of weeks ago brand new for $200 shipped in Australia.

Back