1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I wanted to chime in here about the Matrix figure and how much I enjoy it, but I'm starting to doubt that I'll ever post here again.

Out of all the forums I've ever seen, this one contains the most nit-picking crybabies I've ever seen. It's like a huge chunk of you are just on the lookout for anything and everything they can arrogantly moan and whine about.

I honestly think that the people who are hating on this figure are delusional...sorry, but it DOES looks like Arnie and is an overall great figure- get over it. Hell, if you don't own the figure then your opinion on how good it is doesn't even matter.

The behavior here is incredibly off-putting to newbies; it's something I'd expect at a place like GameFaqs. If people enjoy their Matrix figure, let them enjoy it. Stop trying to "convince" them that they're wrong.

Grow up.
Glad you liked the figure and congrats on your first HT purchase. I know how you feel with some people here who tend to go overboard with their nitpicking.:monkey4 I've had to stay away from this thread and others from time to time. Don't let those people ruin your time here man. Anyway great hearing your comments on the figure. I'm really glad I bought this figure too.:)

The triangular clips that loop under his crotch is real cheap tbh. Only complaint about this figure. Anyone know of anything I an replace them with? I can already see them snapping off after a while.

i thought maybe the rocketlauncher strap would feed through the left hand , tired it this morning an nope wont slip through, I guess i will have to take a razor blade to the index finger and thumb when im ready to display him with all his gear on

Hah, glad you edited out some of the namecalling in your post before telling others (me, presumably, as the more recent poster) to grow up. That would have worked against you. Anyway, g'night.
Eh, I realized I was turning into the very thing I was rallying against. I guess I need to grow up myself. :)

And it wasn't specifically you. There's a lot of Negitive Nellies running rampant around here.

Everything here is nothing compared everything happens in Star Wars section :lol Glad you enjoy, its amazing piece indeed
Thanks, man.

Glad you liked the figure and congrats on your first HT purchase. I know how you feel with some people here who tend to go overboard with their nitpicking.:monkey4 I've had to stay away from this thread and others from time to time. Don't let those people ruin your time here man. Anyway great hearing your comments on the figure. I'm really glad I bought this figure too.:)
Thanks, good sir. I appreciate the welcome, and I'm glad you got your hands on a Matrix as well.

The triangular clips that loop under his crotch is real cheap tbh. Only complaint about this figure. Anyone know of anything I an replace them with? I can already see them snapping off after a while.
Some suggestions:

1. There are loose vests all over Ebay right now, usually going for about $28-$40 shipped. I've been considering buying a spare to keep in reserve just in case.
2. You really don't even need to mess with those clips again once fastened. Once fastened, if you need to remove the vest you can just undo the other end of the groin straps from the buckles on the back and feed them back through the buckles when you put the vest back on. I think that would be a hell of a lot less nerve-wracking and since you won't even have to touch the clips on the front. Why those weren't metal to begin with is beyond me.

The Commando figure should hopefully get to me by this Friday.

I bought it from Angoloz on ebay for $215 free shipping with $10 off ebay coupon!

Eh, I realized I was turning into the very thing I was rallying against. I guess I need to grow up myself. :)

And it wasn't specifically you. There's a lot of Negitive Nellies running rampant around here.

I'm so relieved you responded this way :lol Thank you. I hate internet flamewars. For my part I understand how it was probably frustrating to you that you posted pics of your new figure and the very next post, rather than being a post of congratulations and joining in your enthusiasm, was instead just another post laying into the figure. If indeed I had to say something, well my timing was unfortunate and I'm sorry about that.

Anyway congrats and by all means enjoy the figure.

I might buy an extra vest because one of the clips is already bent a little bit after taking it off. Thanks for the suggestion!

I actually have multiple cast metal sets of the crotch&chest buckles somewhere if you're interested?
I bought them many years back for my customs, so I have no idea where they're from. you can see them in my pics some pages back.
anyways I would need to sell them as a set. 2 for the chest and 4 for crotch. all properly painted as worn black as they were in the movie...

I actually have multiple cast metal sets of the crotch&chest buckles somewhere if you're interested?
I bought them many years back for my customs, so I have no idea where they're from. you can see them in my pics some pages back.
anyways I would need to sell them as a set. 2 for the chest and 4 for crotch. all properly painted as worn black as they were in the movie...

Interested :)

BTW anyone has matrix and the last bd t800, wonder if the hs have the same sizes ?

Interested :)

BTW anyone has matrix and the last bd t800, wonder if the hs have the same sizes ?

com_ter.jpg

I'm so relieved you responded this way :lol Thank you. I hate internet flamewars. For my part I understand how it was probably frustrating to you that you posted pics of your new figure and the very next post, rather than being a post of congratulations and joining in your enthusiasm, was instead just another post laying into the figure. If indeed I had to say something, well my timing was unfortunate and I'm sorry about that.

Anyway congrats and by all means enjoy the figure.
:smooch:

Seriously though, glad that's ironed out, and I'm sorry as well. Maybe this place isn't as bad as I thought if people like you and I can actually admit to their wrongdoings and *gasp* actually apologize for it! :D

I might buy an extra vest because one of the clips is already bent a little bit after taking it off. Thanks for the suggestion!
No prob. In addition to worrying about the clips, those knife sheaths on the back worry me as well. I'm waiting for one of them to split, but so far everything is cool.

BTW, having this thing set up for a few days certainly hasn't diminished my awe of it. Last night I just stood there studying it for like 10 minutes straight. Maybe that's weird, maybe that's behavior people here can relate to. Probably the latter, lol.

Okay, after acquiring Matrix, I'm also considering eventually picking up the the "battle damaged" Police Station Shootout T-800, the one with the two heads with the light-up eyes. Does anyone have that one and would be willing to give me their honest opinion of it? I'm totally happy with the Arnie likeness of the Commando fig but I've seen pics of the T-800 that look varying degrees of off, from "that looks pretty decent" to "who the hell is that supposed to be?"

The pic posted above by Nailz looks to fall somewhere in the middle, although I think he'd look better when his shades.

Annnnnd, not to clutter up the thread with three separate posts in a row, but when Hoy Toys suggests removing Matrix's vest periodically to avoid dying his body (groan), does anyone have any suggestions as to what the safe amount of time leaving it on would be before any discoloration would take place (a week? a month? six months?), and how long you should leave it off in-between? Would things like humidity and/or light affect it?

Again, I'm a Hot Toys noob, so forgive my ignorance when it comes to dressing my rubber-skinned men.

Nailz Thank you.
Bdt800 looks bigger no?
Is matrix body bigger than ttm20(bdt800 body)?

Dolemite,
The bdt800 is great in hand, only downside is that the body is not proportioned with the head.
Needs some mods like beefing up the neck or use a hot toys zod body (wich is a bigger body).
Out of the box on the left, my custom on the right (BTW my custom has a custom body wich is a combination of zod body with superman arms, the biceps and shoulders looked better but zod body is already a better body without modifications).
image.jpg

Stains on rubber bodies can happen very fast, but usually it dépends on heat.
My advice would be to wash the vest with hand soap, it helps on black shirts.
In the end if it stains it Will be only parts hipdden by the vest, and it could look ok without the vest since he has a camo all over.
Other solution is to get another body to expose without the vest :)

Last edited:

That's a general gripe I got with HT, the lack of materials like wood & metal used in their figs, other companies like DID can seem to make a lot of their stuff with wood & metal materials & DID figs are a lot less expensive then HT figs. :exactly:

Sure pm me when you get a chance with details. Thanks.

just got my printed backdrop, havent posed him to bring his left arm to hold the rocket launcher because doesnt seem possible so I thought id come here and look for pics......but if anyone has pics handy that would be great if you could repost them and save me a little time.

20150907_153239.jpg

Back