1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posing them together would be much better if QS came with the track jacket he wore for ~%75 of the movie.
:goodpost:
or the top he wears in the South Africa/Ship confrontation scene
Although I'd still like to see it. I also haven't seen many photos of him with the 43. I'd do it but I sold mine :slap

Shartimasprime (sp) did a few quick poses with the twins.

image.jpeg

Posing them together would be much better if QS came with the track jacket he wore for ~%75 of the movie.

He actually wore two different track jackets, the "You didn't see that coming?" jacket is from Hummel, and the Seoul jacket is from Adidas, I believe. Or Nike. :lecture

But I see your point :rotfl and how my answer was totally irrelevant but I feel the need to respond to Quicksilver stuff because he's my son :rotfl

Thanks for pic, Motux!

What sucks here is not that you don't have pix of Ultron, but that 1. you ruined your expensive phone and 2. you then lost all your pix and videos of the festival. Harsh. :wink1:

Luckily it was just a camera, not my phone, still expensive though. I was able to get the pictures off the storage card but the camera itself was trash.

This might be a stupid question...but I don't think so. Why does mine have blue eyes? I'm putting together my review for tonight, and sure enough, the light in the head is bright and very blue/white. Chest and arms are red as expected. I always assumed they used a red LED, but are they actually using some sort of filter over a white LED which may have come loose? That seems so counter intuitive...

Ah, so they were going for predominately red with a little blue ring in the middle, and failed terribly. Got it! :D

Mines not blue. I have a second coming from ssc and I'll check it to, but I've not seen any that had blue eyes.

The eye is red with white. They couldn't go identical to the film Becuase a thin white ring around an entirely red eye would not look right. They red would bleed into the white and your almost not see it. So they exaggerate the white section Becuase not everything scales down and looks right, especially when your dealing with a completly CG character.

I'm looking forward to getting mine from BBTS, but the eyes have always bugged me from the reviews and pics i've seen... 1 because you need to turn it on to really see it as red, and 2 because even on, the whites look too bright.

I think what they could have done is actually make the whole eye red, with the 'whites' being very thin pieces of red. The source light behind would be bright enough to show as whiter in the thin parts, and read as red in the thicker areas. It may not be what's "truly" going on, but it may have looked better in 1/6 instead of what they went with. As you see in the film pics, it's never truly white because the red glow bleeds into it.

I don't know if with their current electronics, they could calibrate the brightness of the light to react properly as describe, or if they even attempted this method, but it is certainly possible to do. Also possible they tried it and still preferred what they went with, but I'm just stating what an alternative method could have been.

Ultron with Soap Reactor [base is currently still batteries]

412619635.jpg

Looks fantastic!

I guess I'm going to have to make up my mind on prime pretty soon since BBTS has sent out their "10 day" email. I think I'm just going to keep the preorder. The only thing that's coming out soon is the mark 45 and BBTS won't have that in for a little while. And the only house party armors I have left to get are red snapper, gamma, and Midas.

Back