1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't he take it back through the portal with him ?

Yeah, Cap doesn't have it. Just because these weapons are included with Cap doesn't necessarily mean they are his weapons... I'm just going to be bummed if both of these end up being spears. Lamest "secret" ever.

Yeah, Cap doesn't have it. Just because these weapons are included with Cap doesn't necessarily mean they are his weapons... I'm just going to be bummed if both of these end up being spears. Lamest "secret" ever.

So could that mean the gauntlet is now broken and he needs a new instrument for the stones to work together ?

I thought I glimpsed Thanos had the gauntlet on in the final scene as he we see him from behind as he walks to look at the sunset. But there wasn't any further full body view of him. I could be wrong.

I just ask as I'm thinking if it's possible Thanos will wield the gauntlet in IW2 / Avengers 4 ?

Civil War is more definitive in my opinion because it is the classic look. Disclaimer: I have the limited edition battling version from CW and preordered the IW bearded Cap as well. They are both good but different.

I’m after the CW Cap. I have the Avengers version but he looks dated now. Trouble is, the CW and Ultron versions (both are the best imo) are at crazy prices. Looks like I missed out.

I’m after the CW Cap. I have the Avengers version but he looks dated now. Trouble is, the CW and Ultron versions (both are the best imo) are at crazy prices. Looks like I missed out.

You may get lucky if they do one more classic look next year for the finale ??

So could that mean the gauntlet is now broken and he needs a new instrument for the stones to work together ?

I thought I glimpsed Thanos had the gauntlet on in the final scene as he we see him from behind as he walks to look at the sunset. But there wasn't any further full body view of him. I could be wrong.

I just ask as I'm thinking if it's possible Thanos will wield the gauntlet in IW2 / Avengers 4 ?

He did have it in that sunset scene.

You may get lucky if they do one more classic look next year for the finale ??

I hope so but not too confident. Partly why I’m tempted by the IW version as the suit is still better than the Av1 version - I’d just be missing the helm!

Finding the CW and/or AOU set for anything under $400 isn't feasible at this point.

Well there have been behind the scenes pics of Avengers 4 showing Chris Evans in his old Avengers vol. 1 uniform--I think there's going to be some time travel involved--so you may get lucky and Hot Toys makes one. In fact I'm betting they'll definitely make one, if that version of Cap shows up for any reasonable length of time onscreen. Remember, Hot Toys has made every version of Cap from every movie so far, and this one will be just different enough from the old Avengers vol. 1 version because the pictures all showed Chris Evans without his helmet on. So, Avengers vol. 1 uniform minus the helmet = new look for Hot Toys to make.

Well there have been behind the scenes pics of Avengers 4 showing Chris Evans in his old Avengers vol. 1 uniform--I think there's going to be some time travel involved--so you may get lucky and Hot Toys makes one. In fact I'm betting they'll definitely make one, if that version of Cap shows up for any reasonable length of time onscreen. Remember, Hot Toys has made every version of Cap from every movie so far, and this one will be just different enough from the old Avengers vol. 1 version because the pictures all showed Chris Evans without his helmet on. So, Avengers vol. 1 uniform minus the helmet = new look for Hot Toys to make.

While I am not disagreeing with you about them making a newer version of Avengers Cap, the original release did come with a helmeted and non-helmeted head sculpt.

I see them making it just to add another cap to their lineup, fix the suit to make it more poseable, etc. But that's the fan in me talking. We all know that Hot Toys will make figures that make them the most money. Despite what paying customers want or dont want.

It still seems like a long shot to me, since I don't really see that A1 Cap being around for more than a few scenes. And HT wouldn't be able to even tease the figure until long after the movie was out (unless the time travel surprise is given away in the trailers, which seems highly unlikely).

That being said, it would be pretty damn fun to see Cap, Thor and the rest teaming up with their former selves in a big final battle against Thanos. :D

Maybe the extra weapon for the promo is his old/new shield that he will have in Avengers 4 while wearing the same outfit. Maybe they will reveal the accessory once trailers for Avengers 4 are out.

If not, I’m not sure why they haven’t even shown us photos of (at least blurred out) prototypes. Perhaps they are worried that the extra accessory isn’t enough to convince people to pick the promo version over the standard one, so it won’t hurt sales.

It still seems like a long shot to me, since I don't really see that A1 Cap being around for more than a few scenes. And HT wouldn't be able to even tease the figure until long after the movie was out (unless the time travel surprise is given away in the trailers, which seems highly unlikely).

That being said, it would be pretty damn fun to see Cap, Thor and the rest teaming up with their former selves in a big final battle against Thanos. :D

These are my sentiments as well regarding an IW2/A1 2.0 Cap.

d9e14376572e4be7f8c831da7112a2f5.jpg

0247bc7bcaa38e97419430f2a69a092e.jpg

8eed53cfcf919d5ed9a631815197d68c.jpg

7a2f6bd91cf4c1dd36f8195ea4d77150.jpg

060c2cdac63ec757c8f8e24bf25db7e8.jpg

fe2940f5bbee228069070f78f7890ae9.jpg

da17c65c90eb5d22c38c86b6ed7068a6.jpg

e78594bb9a2347a3a58af746a4d9a2d2.jpg

Both spears after-all... that's so lame. Hardly worth being called a mystery at all.

Also, shouldn't Corvus' spear be longer? He was pretty tall.

Well, prepare to be bummed.

I’m not surprised. After the movie, it really couldn’t be anything else.

For the record, I don't care that the spears are the mystery weapons. Even I said awhile ago that there really isn't much else that SHOULD come with him. I'm not disappointed in the figure at all really, it is what it should be... What I dislike is the unnecessary hype tactics used to sell them and this "Movie Promo Edition" that was clearly just a re-purposed Deluxe version that was hardly anything worth getting excited for, nor included anything that would even remotely spoil the movie.

Last edited:
Back