1/6 Hot Toys - MMS677- Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padawan Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s odd. My Mace shipped While ago but I went for the slow boat option as he’s accompanied by two super battle droids.

No word on Anakin yet for me though.
I received the Mace invoice yesterday morning. so both should be arriving about the same time, mentioned 2nd week in August for shipping.

The only figures I have left on order from Sideshow are this, Chopper and John Wick, and I’m pretty sure the wait on this figure is pushing me over the edge to just never order from Sideshow again. The wait after release just really irritates me.

I only had 10 minutes to pose and throw him in the cabinet. It’s a bit too crowded. Time to shuffle (when I have time to shuffle).

Quick piccie.

IMG_2609.jpeg

I'm so impressed with this figure, everything screams perfection...especially the body is just the massive upgrade from the floppy 2017 ROTS version. I'm very happy with this one, I like him more than the Clone Wars Obi.

I wouldn't just blame Sideshow here. They don't have any control over this whole "batch release" thing HT seems to do these days. A small, initial batch hits, presumably for the local/regional market. That one is quickly gobbled up by "influencers" & Youtube "content creators" (many who may pay a premium price & shipping to be among "the first"). Blogger photos hit, video reviews start to appear, buzz (both good & bad) sweeps the collector community worldwide.

Then the wait begins for everyone else. As someone who orders from a third party retailer (BBTS), we're usually among the last for the domestic US market to receive. It's just something I've learned to accept. No logic to it - having been in some manufacturing in my earlier work life, this batch approach doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I mean, once a run is set up, why not run it through, especially if it's a limited number you're running, to fill all the orders (PO's) you have for that item? But this seems to be the "norm" now, especially with HT.

But NONE of that is the distributor's fault (Sideshow). They can only ship out & distribute what's provided to them. The one thing I will say here is, at least for me, this whole process HT uses now with production & release kind of sucks the fun out of this hobby. Admit it or not, much of this hobby is compulsive and when an addict has to wait for their fix, they get cranky (me included :) ).

It has made me take pause when I order. Do I want this? Will it fit with where my collection's going? Will I care about having it 2 or so years later when it finally shows? I say "no" a lot more these days as these so-called hot items come up for PO.

Okay - haven't spewed like that for a while...all that said, I'm still anxiously awaiting this figure. My fingers are crossed to breaking that he doesn't show up with QC issues like Padme did....we'll see.

I asked SS today when my order might ship and they said it could be up till October. When I explained that a friend of mine had ordered his 6 months after mine and already got a ship date I asked what that was about and was told they just ship at random and not based on when you ordered. That's probably old news to everyone on here but damn I didn't know that; that kinda sucks. I think I'll just order from Kit from now on.

I asked SS today when my order might ship and they said it could be up till October. When I explained that a friend of mine had ordered his 6 months after mine and already got a ship date I asked what that was about and was told they just ship at random and not based on when you ordered. That's probably old news to everyone on here but damn I didn't know that; that kinda sucks. I think I'll just order from Kit from now on.
This was a whole thing with their life sized Baby Yoda. People who ordered day one were getting their weeks/months after people that had basically just ordered it.

Makes no sense to me how they keep track of a random system like that. Surely you just go down the list chronologically. Way more efficient.

This was a whole thing with their life sized Baby Yoda. People who ordered day one were getting their weeks/months after people that had basically just ordered it.

Makes no sense to me how they keep track of a random system like that. Surely you just go down the list chronologically. Way more efficient.

And then you realize what a crock their wait list list is as it’s probably in a totally random order as well

I called sideshow this afternoon and asked when it might ship and they told me they have no idea. Now, I just got a shipping soon notice and he is charging on the 8th. The customer service reps know as much as we do.

Back