1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I agree that I love the depth proper hand painted eyes bring, I’ll save that for my customs. I need the eyes to roll here, and these SERS are first rate in the business. We’ll see what JND brings with their magnetic eyes, I’ve ordered them all. HT has refined this tech so well, to see everything get them is off this planet, I mean Grievous has them..

I really do like the OG sculpt HT used, but they made it far better and really brought Heath out in it, it was very raw before. Teeth more defined, better overall shape to the bottom lip etc.

This also just shows how pore filled the current paint app is on the white bits for the HT head. A repaint away from being best in class

This also just shows how pore filled the current paint app is on the white bits for the HT head. A repaint away from being best in class
I’ll paint it, give it some proper detail and muddy it up a bit, I want to obscure the printing technique around the black makeup if there ends up being any on the purple coat version. Will make the lips a bit more wet in appearance and a sweat look to the black around his eyes.

No. Original custom sculpt that HT acquired is on the left with custom paint and hair.

The production piece HT is on the right.

How can they not follow the hairline on the original? The scars and wrinkles have been overdone as well. A good repainting works well on the sculpt. Eyes are dull on the HT as well.

He’s got top teeth?! I see Ledger more in the HT sculpt. This looks better than a lot
of customs.

IMG_2882.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly, I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that any shortcomings are entirely Yulli’s fault.:lol That being said: I really dig this. Objectively speaking, this blows every previous Ledger Joker HT has done out of the water and, if the tailoring is great and the sculpt is even better on the purple suit artisan, this is something special and a great sign of things to come.

I'm no expert on all the various custom heads out there -- although I'm trying to educate myself -- but the one I didn't expect to like that has become my favorite is what they're calling the "sleepy" sculpt. There's just something about its attitude that really captures Ledger for me.

Beyond that one, I'd have to admit that this sculpt is my next best favorite. I love the 'baring his teeth'... and the rolling eyes really allows you to get multiple 'looks' out of the single sculpt.

So yeah, even though I did not PO, I'm happy to see another version of Joker with this sculpt because it increases my chances of being able to pick up this head at some point.

Yes. And I'm glad they did. The last good HT Joker sculpt was the Bank Robber from what, 14 years ago?

I wish they got the hairline right, made the paint face look like paint, darken the eye paint, and left the scar showing on the lower lip.

I don't think I'd get the bank robber Joker (by anyone) but I hope they all do it because its another sculpt opportunity.

I'm good with one purple coat Joker and one 'jail' Joker. Honestly, I never wanted a jail Joker until InArt offered both. But the character is so great that I don't mind having the two versions. I would like to have a more expressive -- and accurate -- sculpt for each though, now that I've seen so many other options out there.

I'm kind of growing tired of the Hit Me expression, I suppose that's why I like the "sleepy" head so much now.

Back