1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness to the actor on the Prime 1 (Blitzway) statue is just so much better than on this one, it’s ridiculous the difference. I’m embarrassed for Hot Toys for this one.

I didn’t know WB changed their policy on guns. Is that why all the new DC Multiverse fingers include “hand/finger guns” now?
Yeah. Some of us wonder if that’s on purpose.

tumblr_nv56dfh3H81rp3wg0o3_r1_250.gifv

Did they ever give a reason why? 1/6 is usually for Adult Collectors, not children. Maybe to protect themselves from a lawsuit?
I don’t know. McFarlane targets adult collectors too. R-Rated properties and all. They’re listed as 12+, and some even say “Not a Toy” on the box.

I know we have plenty of minors who snag a Hot Toy or two if they can.

It’s certainly ridiculous. Kids had toys with tiny plastic guns for decades. I can’t imagine a line of G.I.Joe toys with gun hands only.

Last edited:
Did they ever give a reason why? 1/6 is usually for Adult Collectors, not children. Maybe to protect themselves from a lawsuit?

I don’t know. McFarlane targets adult collectors too. R-Rated properties and all. They’re listed as 12+, and some even say “Not a Toy” on the box.

I know we have plenty of minors who snag a Hot Toy or two if they can.

It’s certainly ridiculous. Kids had toys with tiny plastic guns for decades. I can’t imagine a line of G.I.Joe toys with gun hands only.
mmdcmt-05ex_a12_1.jpg

https://news.toyark.com/2021/01/14/dark-nights-metal-the-grim-knight-statue-by-prime-1-studio-415398
ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER

Pursuant to Warner Bros.’ Weapons and Propriety Mandate, Prime 1 Studio is unable to completely and properly display, market, or advertise the product herein.

The Mandate stipulates that Prime 1 Studio cannot exhibit any statue with attached weapons, ammunition, or explosives for the purposes of marketing and advertising, nor can the former be exhibited in a threatening manner.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

This is a $1300 statue that has the guns blurred. It's insanity.

All the mass shooters in this country have owned action figures with guns. It's a fact and we should all sacrifice a little so some other country doesn't get invaded by some super power that sells action figures with guns.

Hands down one of the worst HT figures ever. What moron thought this was a good idea? Jeez. If this had come with a neutral unhelmeted sculpt, sure. But this turd…? No thanks.

All the mass shooters in this country have owned action figures with guns. It's a fact and we should all sacrifice a little so some other country doesn't get invaded by some super power that sells action figures with guns.

We should definitely get rid of these dangerous toys with toy guns. But not real guns, NO! Those don't actually kill people.

This country is wild.

Yeah that’s just absurd. Just no logic to it. The merchandise is based on the violent fictional content they’re putting in theaters, on tv and in comics.

What ridiculous hoops Prime 1 has to jump through here to comply. I can just imagine the back and forth with the WB lawyers over what’s “acceptable”.

“Ok you can show the guns but only in a separate image”. Dumb.

Yeah that’s just absurd. Just no logic to it. The merchandise is based on the violent fictional content they’re putting in theaters, on tv and in comics.

What ridiculous hoops Prime 1 has to jump through here to comply. I can just imagine the back and forth with the WB lawyers over what’s “acceptable”.

“Ok you can show the guns but only in a separate image”. Dumb.
These are also collectibles aimed towards adults, don’t see many kids dropping $1300 on a statue or $300 on an action figure.

I am absolutely delighted that Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 apparently comes with a gun…

sonic-2.large.jpg

… but not the $300+ adult collectible from the R-rated gun-heavy HBO Max series.
It's okay, it's probably some energy gun. Disintegrations are fine, it's killing with bullets specifically that is bad.

This is okay though.

McFarlane-MK11-Wave-8-05.jpg
NSFW Hannibal Show Stills:

Murica.jpg

Thank goodness they censored the breasts in the middle, I wouldn't want to see something damaging to my psyche.

I for one am glad these people have their priorities straight and are in charge of millions and billions of dollars.

So this piece does have guns, they just can’t advertise it? I wonder if that means figures like Peacemaker will have accessories they can’t show as well. He may have his pistol.
Mezco is releasing a Constantine figure that didn't have guns shown, but then tweeted that he'll come with guns and cigarettes but they couldn't show them. Mafex had a Joker and DKR Armored Batman figures that came with guns, they announced they were being removed and they stuck to that, I got both and no guns included. Mezco just put up a classic Batman/Two-Face pack that didn't include guns, but then sold a separate pack with guns for Two-Face.

I'm not sure what Hot Toys would do, if they'd skirt it or not. But in general there's way more issues with this figure beyond the gun that are keeping me from buying.

Mezco is releasing a Constantine figure that didn't have guns shown, but then tweeted that he'll come with guns and cigarettes but they couldn't show them. Mafex had a Joker and DKR Armored Batman figures that came with guns, they announced they were being removed and they stuck to that, I got both and no guns included. Mezco just put up a classic Batman/Two-Face pack that didn't include guns, but then sold a separate pack with guns for Two-Face.

I'm not sure what Hot Toys would do, if they'd skirt it or not. But in general there's way more issues with this figure beyond the gun that are keeping me from buying.
That’s interesting, not very “black and white”. What about other figures with gun shaped accessories? Like say Batman’s grapple gun, or like someone posted above a Joker prop gun?

Yeah, I agree on the figure as a whole. I really liked the show and was wondering if Hot Toys would put one out, but it’s an easy pass.

Back