1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beast Kingdom version looks like it excludes the gun all together. Not bad all around for what it is, but you can tell it’s a cheaper collectible.

Yeah it only has the helmeted sculpt.

Also, if this was a better prototype this thread would be on triple the page count. But we're wading through anger and disappointment.

I haven't wanted HT to improve a prototype this badly since Indiana Jones.

I really want this and would appreciate an update, something simple like we heard you and we're adding and changing this and that.

I finished the season yesterday, and I made a comment that I cant believe I would consider getting this Hot toys if they make it.
And boom, next day, its here.
But I dont like what I'm seeing.
I'm not even a John Cena fan, but it should have had a neutral sculpt.
The screaming head makes it look like a generic head, cant tell who that is supposed to be.

Dont like the arms also.
Oh well, its a pass.
Maybe if soosoo toys tackle this and it looks better.

Actually as far as I’m seeing the Blitzway statue only has a helmeted sculpt too. Unless it’s a different statue you’re thinking of.
Oh you were referring to no helmet portrait. I was more on pointing out the likeness because even with the helmet, you know it's Cena.

The Beast Kingdom version looks like it excludes the gun all together. Not bad all around for what it is, but you can tell it’s a cheaper collectible.
bf9481fe-1aab-4d59-8e2c-7bfbfa4f0dd0.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/183509
They made a $9 add on.

I think this may be the worst release by Hot Toys, I really liked the show but I can't get on board with this at all.

1. No neutral/not insane looking head
  2. Likeness isn't there
  3. Can't remove helmet
  4. If the head is supposed to be a rocking out head, needs devil horn hands
  5. Eyes looking off
  6. Eagly is a generic eagle
  7. No hugging wings
  8. Gun is molded to the holster
  9. Arms aren't close to Cena, the guy is a freak and has gigantic arms
  10. Zero season 1 specific accessories. No butterfly in jar, the food, some metal records? Anything at all would've helped.

When the reception was supposed to be this:

giphy (1).gif

But it ended up like this:

peacemaker-what-are-you-doing.gif

Edit: Ironically, McFarlane themselves kept his face and eyes neutral with their figure.
5fed6f6f-8d7e-4f1b-a9ca-d612c22cf10d.jpg
He looks a bit cross eyed there
Is it typical though? There’s always so many complaints that Hot Toys never does expressive sculpts, and yet whenever they do them people seem to hate them.
I think in the past people have complained that the stoic look was expressionless but now that we have seen how HT do the opposite we all apologize and want the stoic look back.

I wonder if there’s enough interest in this character to warrant a bloody/battle damaged version. He often appears with his suit bloodied and dirtied up, and has cuts all over himself. Wonder if Hot Toys would release a second version.

Serious though, does nobody within Hot Toys think and say "I dunno about this guys...", is there some cultural thing where it's rude to criticise someones "art" or something?

I'd buy this if he had a neutral helmeted and unhelmeted face. There are also some cooler helmets that could be added (the two he comes with are the most prominent though).

The headsculpts are unfortunately so scene specific. How are we not getting just a regular John Cena hs without the helmet?

Also people are going to cry about those exposed arm joints..

This decision not to include an unmasked sculpt makes me worried that Hot Toys will do the same for the next Thor movie (Love & Thunder) and the Jane Foster Thor.

Hope they give us both masked and unmasked portraits for Natalie Portman.

I'm a huge fan of John Cena and loved the show so much and wanted 1/6 figure... when I woke up today and saw this half asleep I got excited for a second, but then fall down very fast, such a disappointment... They should have included at leas sculpt without helmet. I truly hope Soo Soo or someone else gives us a better option.

This decision not to include an unmasked sculpt makes me worried that Hot Toys will do the same for the next Thor movie (Love & Thunder) and the Jane Foster Thor.

Hope they give us both masked and unmasked portraits for Natalie Portman.
Marvel always seems to get preferential treatment from Hot Toys, so I wouldn’t worry too much. DC it always seems like Hot Toys makes what it’s obligated to. Unless something comes along like Peacemaker that’s a surprise.

I didn’t know WB changed their policy on guns. Is that why all the new DC Multiverse fingers include “hand/finger guns” now?

Back