1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to like this but hate expressive sculpt. Same reason I passed on BTTF II Doc. I am sure there are others I have passed on in the past as well.

Wow. This would cost $313 shipped from Sideshow. :lol The value vs cost just isn’t there for so many of these new Hot Toys products.

1645809299240.jpeg

I think when most of us ask for more expressive sculpts, we're simply wanting to see a bit more emotion in the sculpt, with maybe a greater look of determination or a hint of a smile that represents the character better. I doubt many people are actually wanting an expression as crazy and over the top as this.
But another good example is the recent Doc Ock. It’s got a smirking expression and people don’t like it either. The Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad was initially disliked for its sculpt but now is fairly sought after.

Don’t get me wrong I would love an alternate portrait for Peacemaker, but I just find the comment that it’s typical Hot Toys to do an off the wall expression like this when that’s not true for a good majority of their sculpts.

The most annoying thing is the option isn't there to have an alternate headsculpt. For that price we should be getting another unhelmeted headsculpt. What we are getting is a huge disappointment.

I’ll probably either get the third party version too or at least try and source out the sculpt depending on what’s offered.

But another good example is the recent Doc Ock. It’s got a smirking expression and people don’t like it either. The Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad was initially disliked for its sculpt but now is fairly sought after.
I don't think it's the smirk that is hated with Doc Ock. The actual likeness and sculpt is terrible that even Hot Toys had to admit to it. As for HQ, I actually liked it. It's very much in line with her character. It's expressive enough but not over the top like this. This seems not in line with the character either when he's out there fighting. It really is nice for an alternate portrait though but not the main or the only one.

I think it would look a lot more appealing with the screaming mouth if he could, you know, have a “guns blazing” option.

thumb.jpg

This would have been such a simple figure to get right.

So lets break it down:
  • Horrible expression
  • No unmasked sculpt
  • Sideways glance
  • That tongue is horrible, why?!
  • Looks nothing like Cena
  • Body is too small, he's a huge guy
  • Jointed arms
  • No guns (where's the unholstered pistol, P90, shotgun and sniper rifle?)
  • A sword and an axe that I don't even remember him using in the show
  • No shield
  • Eagle looks like ****, something you'd find in a charity shop bargain bin.
  • Helmets aren't chrome
  • Only 2 helmets, missing the coolest one (xray vision with red lenses)
  • Not even a tease for Vigilante
  • Where are all of the accessories? This is going to be $280, we should be getting the tank shell grenade, Goff in the jar, the diary, the butterfly spaceship plus all of the above
This guy has a bunch of toys in the show and we get none of them with the actual toy.
I agree with all of this, except I like the jointed arms, I hate figures that have biodegradable arms

I don't think it's the smirk that is hated with Doc Ock. The actual likeness and sculpt is terrible that even Hot Toys had to admit to it. As for HQ, I actually liked it. It's very much in line with her character. It's expressive enough but not over the top like this. This seems not in line with the character either when he's out there fighting. It really is nice for an alternate portrait though but not the main or the only one.
I think part of the issue with Peacemaker is some weird thing with WWE too. I’m not sure what it is but they seem to have some weird stranglehold over the likenesses of certain wrestlers. Even if they aren’t active anymore. Probably why we’re not getting a normal sculpt.

I think part of the issue with Peacemaker is some weird thing with WWE too. I’m not sure what it is but they seem to have some weird stranglehold over the likenesses of certain wrestlers. Even if they aren’t active anymore. Probably why we’re not getting a normal sculpt.
McFarlane put out a Peacemaker without the mask and they are much more a direct competition to Mattel’s WWE figure than high end collectibles ever would be so I can’t imagine that’s the case here.

The Blitzway statue has a good normal sculpt so it can't be that for Cena.

McFarlane put out a Peacemaker without the mask and they are much more a direct competition to Mattel’s WWE figure than high end collectibles ever would be so I can’t imagine that’s the case here.
Didn’t realize that. I think it’s been an issue in the past though.

Didn’t realize that. I think it’s been an issue in the past though.
It certainly is for certain characters. Sgt. Slaughter comes to mind. Being both a wrestler and GI Joe has made it difficult at times to get figures of him. I believe he owns his character though it usually takes separate licensing to make him now and most of the time he’s an exclusive, which may be part of the terms of a way to charge more for him without it being super obvious since exclusives are usually always overpriced for one reason or another.

Back