1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the show, but this is an absolute let down for any fans who would've wanted a Peacemaker figure. I hate these specific expression face sculpts. It's fine as long as they include a 2nd more neutral head sculpt.

This isn't something I would've bought (trying to stick to just 1/6 SW figures with a few exceptions here and there for my favorite comic characters), but SO many let downs here that I'm not even remotely tempted to want this. This should've been a double set. With the standard having a normal helmeted sculpt, and a DX that came with a non helmeted head, this stupid expression, and maybe more accessories like the shield. And yeah, this needed to have a body with seamless arms. Doesn't make sense why they wouldn't when they've done multiple figures, like Thor, with seamless arms..

:dunno

More expressive OPTIONS is fine - even appreciated! - but being locked into one very… unique… face just proves alienating.

Of all the Peacemaker images from the actual show or even Suide Squad movies, they decide to use the one where Cena is doing promo shots🤦🏻‍♂️ Wonder how many versions it will take to get it right.
1645803484020.jpeg

Thank you for that.
Which is odd since cause the iron studios 1:10 statue shows him with his gun.

He does it in the montage with vigilante.
Oh yeah when they’re messing around. It’s just such a bizarre but typical hot toys move to pick instead of the stoic look. I’ve seen wwe Cena figures with a great likeness, surely HT can pull it off as well.

Starting from around 4:19 of the latest Mera reveal video, he mentions JND's future plans and 1/6 action figures for next year:

Nice! Maybe this is Hot Toys way of showing they're salty about sharing the market. Have high hopes for this! This is good for us consumers.

Oh yeah when they’re messing around. It’s just such a bizarre but typical hot toys move to pick instead of the stoic look. I’ve seen wwe Cena figures with a great likeness, surely HT can pull it off as well.
Is it typical though? There’s always so many complaints that Hot Toys never does expressive sculpts, and yet whenever they do them people seem to hate them.

True, but it's not like WB didn't approve it. Hell, they may have even pushed this look - licensing is funny like that sometimes.

I don't mind the expression, but I do dislike the eyes pointed to the side. And the lack of a seamless body is definitely a let down.

Yup he might have made that expression a few times, but it certainly doesn't represent the more serious, intense (and often very tragic) character we saw in the vast majority of the show. Which I think is why so many of us are reacting so badly to this, as it just feels like a huge slap in the face to the great character James Gunn and John Cena created.

Last edited:
I really loved the movie and show. Too bad the figure didn’t turn out that great. You guys are right, the joints and sculpts need some work. If not the whole body.

Is it typical though? There’s always so many complaints that Hot Toys never does expressive sculpts, and yet whenever they do them people seem to hate them.
I think when most of us ask for more expressive sculpts, we're simply wanting to see a bit more emotion in the sculpt, with maybe a greater look of determination or a hint of a smile that represents the character better. I doubt many people are actually wanting an expression as crazy and over the top as this.

Is it typical though? There’s always so many complaints that Hot Toys never does expressive sculpts, and yet whenever they do them people seem to
I personally prefer less expressions, closed mouth options on masked figures. I get that the Loki’s, Sparrows and jokers need more expression but for this I think the stoic look should have been included. I remember with the armored Batman I had to rely on a custom closed mouth to get the look.

Back