1/6 Hot Toys - Rogue One - Galen Erso (coming soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't get the hate. This is another sign that HT is willing to make more niche characters that otherwise would not see production. Central characters will get releases sooner or later from HT or another brand, many will get 2.0's (Artisan Anakin) or even 3.0's (how many mk3 Iron Man figures has HT pumped out??).
These side characters likely won't ever see another release, or if they do it will be way down the line like at 20th anniversary events. The fact HT is willing to invest in this character means that there is still interest in doing Rogue One stuff so perhaps Baze and Cassian will follow. After all, HT lately has been returning to old prototypes for releases.

This is good on many levels: 1: signals possibility fir more RO stuff, 2: gives us a character we otherwise might never get, 3: potentially provides parts (patterns or tooling) for future characters that use the head sculpt or similar outfit etc, 4: provides variety for the line avoiding the monotony of only big name characters (like the endless stream of Dark Knight Jokers and Vaders) and 5: demonstrates that HT are willing to touch non-current licences. This particular choice being more niche is also a great candidate for an exclusive release. We would hate if that limited figure was something like AOTC Obi Wan or Bespin Han...

I wonder if this release comes as a directive from Disney? They want to promote celebration and he is a featured guest. Either way, I’m actually excited for this because I love rogue one.

I wonder if this release comes as a directive from Disney? They want to promote celebration and he is a featured guest. Either way, I’m actually excited for this because I love rogue one.
I'd imagine if you're buying $300 Star Wars dolls then you probably already know what Star Wars Celebration is :lol.

Back