1/6 Hot Toys - TMS130 - The Bad Batch: Clone Commander Scorch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they give this guy beefier armor..so someone please tell me why they didn't do that for the Imperial Commando? Love that they gave him his demo backpack too!

And making it limited?! Why are they pissing off their customers.

Why are they making commandos limited?

So they give this guy beefier armor..so someone please tell me why they didn't do that for the Imperial Commando? Love that they gave him his demo backpack too!

And making it limited?! Why are they pissing off their customers.

Why are they making commandos limited?
It's the same armour I'm sure, it's just the paint job playing with our eyes.

It's the same armour I'm sure, it's just the paint job playing with our eyes.

I’m on my phone so I may be wrong by, but that shoulder armor and upper leg armor is beefier, more noticeable on the comparison pic.

Still has issues but I guess it is a step in the right direction.

He looks good to me - The shoulder armour looks to be sitting better in the first comparison pic vs the Imperial Commando, as it's actually sitting properly above the top of the chest armour.

Great that he comes with the demolition backpack tubes as well, and also the original Republic Commando game DC-15s pistol - that pistol is a nice surprise as it was unique to that game, they'll want to reuse that so could mean it appears with a plain Commando or even others from Delta squad later? Shame he doesn't have an Anti-Armour attachment for the DC-17m though.

This Scorch is very tempting but it sucks that he's limited. I'm only planning on 1 Commando so I think I'll have to wait for a plain one (hopefully fully kitted out with accessories like Scorch's along with the DC-17m attachments) which surely must be coming as a full release, hopefully sooner rather than later

You can make the Imperial Commando’s shoulder armor sit like that too. It’s just an elastic band. The shoulder pad on Scorch looks bigger is because it’s on top of the chest armor instead of under

At least 500 more units then the other clone commando, O benevolent hot toys thank you for your generosity.

While i have no particular interest in this figure, it basically confirms the leaks. Diecast Grievous finally should be on its way, which is really exciting.

Watch him be exclusive too.
I actually doubt that since he requires so many architectural structure, they couldn't have done all of that sculpting and body work for a limited release. All of their limited releases we have seen so far are just recolored diecast releases or clones using existing bodies. But who knows, i hope he isn't.

522210-451782169-886480846849262-2940535631719092015-n.jpeg

Glad I got that previous Imperial Commando. As much as I would've wanted Scorch as my only Commando, I think the previous fits in better without the yellow. And the grey adds a minor color break to being a standard all white Commando.

This is the same damn figure, just a simple repaint. All they did was add his backpack thingys and give him a 2nd smaller blaster. Doesn't even have his wrist dagger. Should've made this guy bulkier too.

I think I'll pass. We'll see come order day, but I won't be upset if I miss him.

No interest in the generic commando, but this one I'd consider. However, if HT is planning to produce all four they're going to tick off a bunch of collectors by making this limited. I'm on the fence, but if I were to get this one I'll buy the other three. If not I won't buy any.

No interest in the generic commando, but this one I'd consider. However, if HT is planning to produce all four they're going to tick off a bunch of collectors by making this limited. I'm on the fence, but if I were to get this one I'll buy the other three. If not I won't buy any.
The other three had no roles in the Bad Batch so I don’t think HT will make them.

......so is everyone who scored the -original- commando barred from this upcoming s***show of a queue? Because thats the only fair thing to do. It'd be nice for the rest of us to have a damn chance.

......so is everyone who scored the -original- commando barred from this upcoming s***show of a queue? Because thats the only fair thing to do. It'd be nice for the rest of us to have a damn chance.
I wouldn’t worry about it. I could totally see them doing a 2.0 mold for the VGM line later down the road. This is just marketing to test the waters for interest without investing much in new tooling.

Back