InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is definitely a downgrade from proto to production, to me it looks like it has been squished a bit and didn’t turn out as gaunt/angular as Viggo’s face looked. Jawline/chin/forehead (take your pick) is definitely too wide. Still the best Aragorn ever made in probably any scale, but still I think the downgrade is on par with their opening Joker release, which isn’t the forward momentum I would love to see from InArt.

I used the photos above and stretched out the inart one in the middle. Maybe it does look wider in majority of reviews we've seen so far? Not sure at this point aside from I think something has been off. I guess we'll really find out once we receive it whenever that may be. 🤷‍♂️

531073-inart-aragorn-real-445209290-852031880285644-3223315637207923114-n.jpg

I'm always astonished by how different people's minds can perceive the same input so differently. Everyone's brains do not process the same information the same way. It's kind of amazing. It's like how some people have an inner monologue and some don't. In some ways the world really does seem to be subjective. (Not crapping on anybody's opinions AT ALL. Just in awe of biological diversity.)
That’s interesting - my wife has been reading literature on neuroplasticity and other stuff related to subjective perception. I’m of the same take - stuff that some folks say is spot on causes me an itchy scalp. Here, allowing for all the different variables, all I see is Viggo. For those who don’t, I wonder why not. After reading some of the stuff I’ve read, it’s amazing any of us can agree on anything we see. But you like what you like, and you don’t what you don’t. De gustibus non disputandem est. or something like that

Fairly aware of that lens distortion but at this point, with most of the photos and screen caps we've seen making it seemingly wide, maybe it's not the lens distortion anymore? Like I said, we'll all find out once we receive our orders in 2027.
Yeah I feel like lens distortion comments are preaching to the choir for most of us in this forum, this is a fairly grizzled and seasoned group mostly that understands to take that stuff into account. But there’s enough photos and videos at this point from enough different sources to make a pretty confident evaluation.

That’s interesting - my wife has been reading literature on neuroplasticity and other stuff related to subjective perception. I’m of the same take - stuff that some folks say is spot on causes me an itchy scalp. Here, allowing for all the different variables, all I see is Viggo. For those who don’t, I wonder why not. After reading some of the stuff I’ve read, it’s amazing any of us can agree on anything we see. But you like what you like, and you don’t what you don’t. De gustibus non disputandem est. or something like that
Because IMO to me the sculpt looks too young. Maybe it's different in person where fine detail shows up better.

Viggo Mortensen's face is incredibly unique, which is why no company (up until InArt) has been able to produce a satisfactory likeness. I think his features (deep set eyes, prominent brow ridge with thin eyebrows, large forehead, angular nose, etc.) are difficult to get right at any scale. In some ways, I actually think this production piece looks more like Viggo Mortensen than the prototype did. This and Gandalf are Inart's best likenesses, by far.

I really think that the only difference between proto and production photos is lightning and focal length. (concerning the sculpt)
The hair, on the other hand, are too curly on the production piece and don't cover the forehead correctly out of the box. (making it look wider)
If we can "decurl" the hair a bit and have a proper hairstyle it will look perfect. 🤞🤞🤞
:)

Yeah it does look amazing. It seems that the production piece paint job isn't as slick but that's to be expected; I think that's the key difference that throws off some people.
For me, the key here is futzing the hair because often it looks too curly. His hair is much straighter in the movies with more subtle waves. I remember one photo almost made me think of Weird Al.

View attachment 722518

Wth is this.

IS THIS one of the sculpts yall are basing your InArt love for, seriously?

I'm sorry. No.
Are you really criticizing this almost perfect photo?

For the other crybabies who are STILL reopening the debate about the sculpt being different between the proto and the final product, why reopen the subject for the umpteenth time when it's already been proven here that it's the same sculpt?
I'll never understand this obsession...

If you dare to say that this is crap, my advice is to stop collecting immediately
457323935_1073556268110200_789397893238596978_n.jpg
457056141_1073556258110201_8043389308032831654_n.jpg
457380212_1073556081443552_4158451361038232734_n.jpg

Are you really criticizing this almost perfect photo?

For the other crybabies who are STILL reopening the debate about the sculpt being different between the proto and the final product, why reopen the subject for the umpteenth time when it's already been proven here that it's the same sculpt?
I'll never understand this obsession...

If you dare to say that this is crap, my advice is to stop collecting immediately
View attachment 722646View attachment 722647View attachment 722648
These pics are just further confirmation that Aragorn is FOTY 🤟 Those vambraces are sick

On the 1st photo the angle isn't exactly the same, and on the 2nd photo the position of the eyes or the quality of the image isn't identical either, but yes, huge downgrade 😏
Comparo 01.png
Comparo 02.png

Asmus VS InArt
Comparo 03,6.png

For this last comparison, the jaw doesn't seem to be the same in these 2 photos, because it looks bigger on the right.
So the proto is a downgrade of the proto? :rotfl
Comparo 04.png

Back