1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd. That's a pretty big slip up, if so.

I hope that's not the case. I was looking forward to having a figure with a bloody face for once, that isn't a flat out variation of an existing figure or an exclusive. Plus, Daredevil gets beat up enough that the look just makes sense on the shelf.

The BD head might be a Punisher accessory.

Then they'll have to come up with a compensating sculpt.

Though it could just be something as simple as the license holder not having finally signed off on everything - a little formality to follow and then everything's back as it was.

That makes sense, I guess. Hoping it's just that, lol. Would they really pull the pics though, if it's JUST a paperwork issue?

lol. Would they really pull the pics though, if it's JUST a paperwork issue?

YES. Not saying that I know this is why it happened, but yes they most certainly would. When it comes to licensing paperwork is taken very seriously.

He's gone from a strong purchase, to I'm gonna preorder him as soon as I can. And yes, I think we need a Luke Cage. I don't think we'll get one for a while. I have a feeling when the Defenders finally hits tv, we'll get Luke, Jessica, and Iron Fist all pretty close together.

4448104.jpg

I just don't see Jessica Jones or Luke Cage getting the figure treatment. I liked Jessica Jones well enough, but it didn't hold a candle to Daredevil.

Luke Cage has been....Luke warm at best.

But source material aside, the fact of there matter is that neither are toy-etic enough, even if Hasbro is miraculously making a JJ.

I feel like HT might just be waiting for the reception of The Defenders. If the show is a hit, they'd be stupid not to give us the other three. And damn, I'd love to get JJ.

I feel like HT might just be waiting for the reception of The Defenders. If the show is a hit, they'd be stupid not to give us the other three. And damn, I'd love to get JJ.

Jess is actually my most wanted female figure right now, followed by Elektra, then Sharon, and finally Sif. I'd even want Trish, Karen and Misty! And I'm so ****ing sure I'd want Colleen when Danny's show comes out.

Jess is actually my most wanted female figure right now, followed by Elektra, then Sharon, and finally Sif. I'd even want Trish, Karen and Misty! And I'm so ****ing sure I'd want Colleen when Danny's show comes out.
Oh Jess would be brilliant and definitely also one of my most wanted female HTs as well! Trish and Karen are a stretch and most likely never get a figure but damn, it would be sweet. *_* Sif would be amazing as well. Hopefully she finally gets one next year together with Nebula. ♥

This is why Hot Toys is kinda meh now. They are less likely to take any risks and branch out and surprise fans.

I understand it's a business and they have to make smart choices, but still. That doesn't stop them from making a ton of screw ups with existing figures. I'm sure they do market research, but it just seems like they only make the big ticket items anymore. They've essentially become the "Hot Toys" moniker.

Well, we'll see. I'm sure lots of people will preorder Daredevil so maybe they'll take a hint and do the others. I mean, at least those guys got a face, unlike the countless versions of Storm Trooper HT releases ...

I think they will make Cage. It would be cool to see the detail in a bullet riddled costume. And a knockout headsculpt. I can't wait to see what the Iron Fist suit looks like.

In the comics there was a story about how Danny was wearing the Daredevil costume while Matt was away. I think he's going to modify the original black Daredevil costume seen in season 1 into his Iron fist costume, I don't think it's a coincidence they look so much alike given the history as well.

----------

Last edited:
I'd really like to see a Jessica Jones figure and Luke Cage would be cool with but think they would be released as part of a whole Defenders line-up, as with Iron Fist. I don't think there's enough depth in either series to have their own lines. There are interesting characters in both, to be sure, but not much worthy of a figure other than maybe Kilgrave but I'd pass on him personally.

Luke Cage? Random looking black guy in a hoodie - $250 - Peg Warmer Deluxe
Same with JJ.

You mean like Phil Coulson aka Random looking white guy in a business suit, or Pepper Potts aka Random looking white woman in a blouse? :lol

Back