1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Thor figures have rubber issues?

Someone posted photos of their damaged Thor on Facebook:

11229571_830683783672823_2072011616564695606_n.jpg

11223858_830683787006156_8753591921960903357_n.jpg

This was the pose it'd been in:

11113847_1130436763640589_1649581097064778399_n.jpg

Is that the same rubber as the arkham batman though?

I can't believe over the years how many people have complained from the dx2 to the ed209 now Thor and gamorra, yet hoy toys have done little or nothing to fix the problems, why not use the same material as the Keaton batman?

Arkham isn't a full rubber body though is it? It's just the suit thay is made from it, but the body underneath is a standard body?
Completely different thing compared to Gamora and Thor where the arms are rubber and they have some sort of wire underneath. I'm not sure how well rubber will last when it's used the way it was for those figures arms.

Besides one guy actually bent Gamora's arms in the direction that was cautioned to not do in the booklet, so it's hardly surprising it tore at the bicep.
The problems with the elbow bending with Gamora seem to be an issue with some figures, but not with others.

Clearly a figure with those sorts of arms cannot be left in the position for long. It sucks for dynamic posing, but for the longevity of the figure, it's best to limit the bending at the joints.

As for Arkham Batman, I think a pretty standard pose works great for the character.

Is that the same rubber as the arkham batman though?

I can't believe over the years how many people have complained from the dx2 to the ed209 now Thor and gamorra, yet hoy toys have done little or nothing to fix the problems, why not use the same material as the Keaton batman?

The rubber on Batman is not like that rubber arm of Thor. It's just thin - like the Batman Begins figure you can press it and there's a gap between the suit and the body.

I think as long as you don't leave it in an extreme pose and don't display him next to he radiator, it should be fine.

I've had the 89 Batman since it was released and it's as good as day one. Just take care of your figures and they are fine.

Someone said Batman's suit felt the same as the Hulk to him, which renewed my interest in the figure. All this time I assumed it was tacky feeling rubber like Thor's arms, but if it feels more like Hulk then I think I'm in for this after all.

Just take care your figure, simple as that. Rubber will detoriate at one point but with handle care they will last longer. IDK if HT actually take that issue into consideration since AoU Thor is not revealed yet. If you want seamless and yet very durable, they should use silicone though.

People never learn! We knew never to pose rubber arms bent since 4 years ago, but people still do it. This is why rubber arms suck ***.

That Thor's arms are literally a direct reuse of Dutch's rubber arms.

There is absolutely no way that left arm pose forced that tear. No way. (His left) I call Bs. I have a LA thor on that pose and he's been there since the day I got him. That big of a tear isn't a stress tear. That's someone forcing the arm into an unnatural full bend. Which the instructions, and common sense, say not to do.

And you can tell its a forced tear by looking at the right arm "wound". The mini tears on the inside are not stress. That's a force tear. I've spent a lot of time making rubber molds and cowls and that's telltale of force.

It also has a lot to do with the environment. I've seen tears and cracks on rubber figures that I've had longer than the collector who posted the figures and I think the climate and where you live makes a big difference on what happens to the rubber. I've had no issues on any of my rubber figures at all.

The rubber on Batman is not like that rubber arm of Thor. It's just thin - like the Batman Begins figure you can press it and there's a gap between the suit and the body.

I think as long as you don't leave it in an extreme pose and don't display him next to he radiator, it should be fine.

I've had the 89 Batman since it was released and it's as good as day one. Just take care of your figures and they are fine.

That's what I was hoping, thanks.

Tony is already at it!

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431723512348.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431723512348.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 467
People never learn! We knew never to pose rubber arms bent since 4 years ago, but people still do it. This is why rubber arms suck ***.

That Thor's arms are literally a direct reuse of Dutch's rubber arms.

I've had my Rambo first Blood with his arm bent at 90 degree to hold his weapon since day one. Not a single tear in it! I think that tear may have come from posing, but it must be from constant posing and reposing. And I'll add that I live in a very cold area during winter and very hot during summer!

Guys, keep your pics coming, they are beautiful and help bear the waiting game!:)

Back