1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. None of my rubber suits have ever torn. Someone mentioned it looked like the Hulk's arms but I'm not so sure. Looks like rubber to me! Of a different kind than begins or 89 though. Looks thinner to me. Probably okay to pose him for pictures, but I wouldn't even think of leaving him in a stressful position!

Someone else said the suit has that vinyl feel that the Hulk is made of. Is that how it seems to you or does it have that tacky rubber feel like LA Thor's arms? That would be the deciding factor to me.

it's hard to say really. My first impression is it's some sort of rubber as I don't think vinyl is stretchy. Yet, it has a very different feel than the previous rubber suits. It's got somewhat the feel of the Hulk, but feels a little more tacky to the touch.

This guy arrived five minutes ago. It's barely out of the box, but here are the first impressions.

- beautiful. Probably the best looking Bats I've ever seen!
- I had a lucky draw! On mine, the belt is correctly placed. At least on the front. No grey showing.
- cape is really fine. Happy it's not wired. Hangs okay.
- gloves and shin guards could use some weathering, but I'm okay with them.
- face swap is not as easy as the others. The nose makes it pretty tight.
-articulation isn't so bad. At least, not less than I was expecting. The suit is a bit less restrictive than I thought....

....but, and that's the big but! The material looks really thin and I don't think it will stand the passing of time very well. Looks like something I won't pause much!:(

The impression I've gotten is the belt is slightly adjustable only in front and glued side n back, is this correct?

The impression I've gotten is the belt is slightly adjustable only in front and glued side n back, is this correct?

You can adjust it just follow Tony's mod... But I don't get why they gave Batman a belly button...

This guy arrived five minutes ago. It's barely out of the box, but here are the first impressions.

- cape is really fine. Happy it's not wired. Hangs okay.
(

Doh! No Wire in the cape!?! I wonder how they were able to pull off this picture. Maybe a photochopped-out string somewhere?
j6.jpg

You can adjust it just follow Tony's mod... But I don't get why they gave Batman a belly button...

I want to leave it stock, but I'm wondering if there's leeway to just futz it a tad, cuz I've seen pics where the belt just dips in the front I bit, and that's fine with me...as long as it's not glued at or near the buckle, it should be slightly adjustable

Well, mine seems to be glued so that it won't move anywhere. Then again, I didn't pull hard as I don't want to damage anything. But if Tony removed it, I suppose it can be removed one way or another.

Always a great and fair review! As mentioned, fans like myself will likely get him anyway, regardless of the flaws, but the bunching of the suit is probably what bothers me the most. With other rubber-skinned figures, I personally haven't really had any issues yet, but I don't know how long my patience will last with the suit bunching up with every pose. But in an arms-down museum pose, this figure looks great!

Thanks for the info. Tempted to get this but am waiting for BvS batfleck.
Same here I think this is a place holder for BvS at least I hope they just go with the superman material only a different patern to match what we saw in the trailer I don't want to every see another rubber suit.

Same here I think this is a place holder for BvS at least I hope they just go with the superman material only a different patern to match what we saw in the trailer I don't want to every see another rubber suit.
Me too. I like the shorter ears on the BvS cowl too. Just 1 year away...

Back