1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking figure, davejames. I too like the Nepal zipped-up look. Would work with the custom smiling head sculpt... "Trust me..." scene.

Fortunately, my Medicom Rocketeer version 2.5 still looks minty fresh.

Thanks. I missed out on the smiling Inigo sculpt unfortunately, but his latest version does have a bit of a smirk going on, so would probably work pretty well with this look too.

The Jnix sculpt I'll probably put on my TOD Indy, and my repainted TOD sculpt maybe on a tuxedo version, since that likeness seems to work a lot better without the hat anyway.

Great looking figure, davejames. I too like the Nepal zipped-up look. Would work with the custom smiling head sculpt... "Trust me..." scene.

This will be going on my Banner with Smiling sculpt. I'll get a few picks of the jacket zipped up for you. Unless someone beats me to it. Wont have my set till Saturday (hopefully)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the 2.0 was kind of a disaster for pleather deterioration, but interesting to hear the newer 2.5 is holding up. I will say though, it can happen pretty suddenly and without explanation. I've seen many times people saying "my jacket is fine" and then posting a day or two later "just checked it and it has started to to go off" - same with rubber bodies, especially some of the older HT rubber bodies from say 5 years ago. I protect my collection from temps above 80 deg F (try to keep it closer to 70 generally) and humidity of more than 60% - that does seem to help.

tbh, for the prices that HT and other 1/6 figs are these days, you would think that leather wouldn't be out of the question for leather parts. There are a few that have used real leather (one of the 1/6 Terminators,) but it still seems that pleather rules.

What's amazing is that with all this usage of pleather for so many years (and the material used for the rubber/skeleton bodies for that matter) you'd think they would have solved this deterioration issue and it would only pertain to figs from many years ago, but that's not the case (the ED209 old/new versions being an example.)

That's his latest version yes. But it hasnt shipped out yet.

Cool, will have to check that out.

How many custom Indy sculpts have there been in the past 5-7 years? Seems like a huge number by now. For years there were few, but seems like a deluge in a good way - a lot to choose from. Yet interestingly I'd still argue there's no single "bullseye" Indy custom sculpt that is the go-to sculpt.

Yeah, the 2.0 was kind of a disaster for pleather deterioration, but interesting to hear the newer 2.5 is holding up. I will say though, it can happen pretty suddenly and without explanation. I've seen many times people saying "my jacket is fine" and then posting a day or two later "just checked it and it has started to to go off" - same with rubber bodies, especially some of the older HT rubber bodies from say 5 years ago. I protect my collection from temps above 80 deg F (try to keep it closer to 70 generally) and humidity of more than 60% - that does seem to help.

tbh, for the prices that HT and other 1/6 figs are these days, you would think that leather wouldn't be out of the question for leather parts. There are a few that have used real leather (one of the 1/6 Terminators,) but it still seems that pleather rules.

What's amazing is that with all this usage of pleather for so many years (and the material used for the rubber/skeleton bodies for that matter) you'd think they would have solved this deterioration issue and it would only pertain to figs from many years ago, but that's not the case (the ED209 old/new versions being an example.)

Cool, will have to check that out.

How many custom Indy sculpts have there been in the past 5-7 years? Seems like a huge number by now. For years there were few, but seems like a deluge in a good way - a lot to choose from. Yet interestingly I'd still argue there's no single "bullseye" Indy custom sculpt that is the go-to sculpt.
Inigos V1, V2, Smiling, V3.

Jnix

MJ Choi

Those are the ones I'm aware of.

Presenting.......Inigo V3.......

Inigo_V3.jpg

Well I made the mistake of keeping the arm bent for a very long time in a gun holding pose, so that the pleather there ended up sticking to itself and then peeling away. Which is something I will definitely have to avoid doing with this new Indy jacket!

This will be going on my Banner with Smiling sculpt. I'll get a few picks of the jacket zipped up for you. Unless someone beats me to it. Wont have my set till Saturday (hopefully)

Looking forward to seeing it! That is one of my favorites scenes, too.

I may be wrong but I think that some of the materials used in older figures may have actually been better and longer lasting than some of the newer materials.

Here's a quick pic of the Medicom Rocketeer and Sideshow's venerable "Red Baron" Manfred von Richthofen figure. Both of their leather jackets remain supple and in excellent condition. They have always been in air conditioned rooms but so has my original Sideshow Anakin figure who hasn't been touched since put on display but has the leather peeling.

Here's some more pics...

View attachment 477995

Amazing sculpt. Love the slight smirk look and the fedora looks perfect to me.

Back