1/6 Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne as Hondo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaustic Plastik

From San Diego Comic-Con, at booth 321, the world premiere John Wayne The Duke 1/6 action figure!

On pre-order by the end of 2024

KP Hondo 5.jpg

Please get the magnets right in the stand and Feet. The concept is a great idea but my poor figure took so many nose dives off the stand I'm surprised he is not damaged. I ended up with an ugly crotch grabber stand which is a shame as the base if beautiful.

Please get the magnets right in the stand and Feet. The concept is a great idea but my poor figure took so many nose dives off the stand I'm surprised he is not damaged. I ended up with an ugly crotch grabber stand which is a shame as the base if beautiful.

My Rooster Cogburn's ankles were too weak to support him on the magnet base, so there was no choice but to use a crotch grabber.

KP's base is useless junk that hasn't seen the light of day since. I wouldn't trust any future magnetic stand of theirs as I don't trust their ankles.

Rooster's base was only a lump of paper topped plastic anyway.

Early on in that video they were discussing how good KP's magnetic bases were (apparently even better than the competition), and the secret to their success was strong ankles.

Not the case with my KP Rooster Cogburn. I tested him again today after watching that part of the video, and there's no chance in hell of him standing on that base. His ankles are far too weak.

I hate magnetic bases. Even Blitzway's 'hidden wire' Ghostbusters bases were more useful than Rooster's.

The basic magnetic base was a lump of cheap looking plastic topped with a paper sticker - Fabio said somewhere that future bases won't have paper tops. On the other hand, the deluxe 'Luxury Magnetic Diorama Stand' came with the option to plug in a crotch grabber.

No doubt Hondo will have similar pre-order options.

Back