1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Studio proteus and this is the painted HS
c0c236a1-47f3-b832-feeb-7c95567be543.jpg

Love it need to get one of those if available.

There wasn't even any news about Snake ! :D

No showing at any con ....not even a coming soon pic of any type displayed. Very strange how it just suddenly appeared on the newsletter.

This is true :lol

Most out of the blue announcement I've seen since I started collecting.

What about Evil Superman?
I thought that was totally out of the blue.
Although certainly, it wasn't out of the realms of possibility as Snake would have seemed until a few days back.

True, although I can't say Superman is nearly as appealing as this.

True, although I can't say Superman is nearly as appealing as this.

Lol. Maybe.
Snake is hands down the coolest anti-hero in the last thirty(two) years(Geez. Makes me feel old. I was only 5 when EFNY came out).
I am sure it must be an absolute no-brainer for SS to re-release Snake with the EFLA clothing and gear. I'd buy that one too!
I preordered Snake as soon as i was able and haven't got an Evil Superman yet(Hammering out a deal for two right now though), but maybe i have enough Superman to be getting on with...

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

An EFLA would mean they need to work out a deal with the studio that owns that film, not just Russell, no? Two different studios hold rights to EFNY (MGM) and EFLA (Paramount). Same with The Thing (Universal), Big Trouble (Fox), and Tombstone (Disney). Kurt gets around!

An EFLA would mean they need to work out a deal with the studio that owns that film, not just Russell, no? Two different studios hold rights to EFNY (MGM) and EFLA (Paramount). Same with The Thing (Universal), Big Trouble (Fox), and Tombstone (Disney). Kurt gets around!

Forgive my incompetent noobery.
I never realised it was two different companies owning the rights.
Have SS ever produced items from Paramount movies? They might already have avenues of communication with that studio's licencing dept.

Escape from New York was always considered 'impossible' due to multiple splits in ownership of the movie.

That's why the McFarlane figure was Escape from LA ....and they cheated and just put him in the NY pants anyway :D

And though Escape from LA should be easier to get the rights for, you couldn't simply reuse the sculpt I don't think. The face probably but his hair was a fair bit different.....I'd love to see the figure though!

Pre-ordered the exclusive version myself! I wish my old man was still alive... he loved Escape from New York and let us watch it in the late 80s for the first time. We argued years later about how much I liked "L.A." and he thought it was really ridiculous. Haha...

Anyway... it's too bad the exclusive isn't his black outfit from L.A.!

By the time its nearly ready for release people will be saying.....

Snake Plissken figure......heard it was dead.

Back